Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to a new home for your Homerton thread chat!
^fairydust^

If you would rather not see tickers and other users' avatars there is a facility to turn them off. You can find more information about how to do this here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11415.0

Please note that Fertility Friends or it's owners cannot take responsibility for the content of external website links. When posting links to other sites please do so responsibly.

Love and baby dust to all

Lizi.x

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hiya Hunnies
Just a quick one to say B, am thinking of you and wishing you  ^goodluck^ for your scan tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sarita: How are you  ^hugme^  and how's work?

Sop: How are you feeling  ^hugme^ wishing you  ^goodluck^ for your test on Wednesday.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

C: Sweetie, not left now of taking the pill, then It will be full steam ahead.

A big hello to all the hom hunnies
Elisa xx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yayyyy Part 3 already!
Just wanted to say thanks very much for your good luck wishes ^hugme^, I`ll let you know how it goes.
Hi to everyone xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to let you all know I have bad news.  *TMI ALERT*  yesterday afternoon when I wiped I had some pinky/brown mucus.  It happened twice, but no more since.  So today I decided to do a Clearblue hpt and it was negative.  This is exactly the same as my other 2 attempts, in that the brownish spotting started on day 16 after EC.  I rang the Homerton and left them a message, as I want to know whether to continue with the progesterone, and whether to go in on Wednesday.  I'm guessing that I haven't had full flow yet, as the pessaries must be keeping AF at bay.  I am absolutely heartbroken :'(, as I feel like 3 fails is more than bad luck.  My DH has been wonderful, and although he is extremely upset, he is already looking to the future, and we are discussing doing a another self funded attempt somewhere.  I've told my mum over the phone today who didn't take it too well, and now i'll have to tell friends etc which i'm dreading.  Thanks to all of you for your wishes and all of your  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes.

Wishing you all lots of luck and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your cycles, and B hope your scan goes well, and Elisa lots of luck for your scan this week too.

Love S xxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Oh sweetie, I just read your post  :'( you know that until Homerton gives you a blood test than keep taking everything. One site that I was on a girl got a BFN and bleed a tiny bit only to have a scan and noticed there was something there and now she 7 weeks. I don't want to hold false hope for you hun, but check everything first with Homerton.
Please let us know when you get the phone call.
I'm deeply sorry  ^hugme^

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Elisa, thanks :)

Homerton just rang, and they said to still come in for the blood test on Wed, and carry on with the medication.  I know in my heart of hearts that it's just a formality, but at least I can draw a line under it after Wednesday.  I'm going on holiday with 3 girlfriends to Spain at the end of May, so at least I have something to look forward too, and I'll be able to let my hair down a bit!

S xxxx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
S,

I just read your post hun. I can imagine what you must be feeling now to have seen that negative on the test, but don`t give up on your meds until you have done your bloods on Wednesday. You have waited so long I`m sure you can manage until Wednesday. Spotting is not always a bad thing. I had spotting before testing with my first ICSI as well. The reason they do the bloods is to have a look at your hormone levels and from the levels they can tell whether any implantation has taken place and sometimes the home tests can be incorrect.

It`s good that you are already looking into the future and making plans. I`m ^pray^ ^pray^ for you that it is not a negative, but if it is you have the well deserved sun and relaxation to look forward to next month!! We`ll be here if you need us.

^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi girls,

Sop, i'm really sorry and hoping that it's not what you think it is.  I know it's not much consolation, but sending you a big hug ^hugme^ ^hugme^.

B - hope the scan goes well.

Elisa - when's your 7 weeker?

Sarita - hope you're well.

Clare

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Sop: until wednesday comes listen to us and stay tight  ^hugme^
We are all here for you if you want to let off some steam, B's right listen and don't give up hope until the blood test hun.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Thinking of you Sop  ^hugme^

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi ya ladies
Just quickly checking in to see how you're all doing.

Sop - so sorry to hear you're having a rough time and i can imagine how you must be feeling. But please, wait until you know for 100% sure. Our bodies do weird things and we're all hoping and wishing that your bloods are positive. Lots of people have spotting so it may not actually be a bad sign honey. Thinking of you and keep strong as not long to go before you know for sure. Know that we are all here for you whatever the outcome  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

B - Hope your scan went well... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Elisa - how you feeling doll? Hope the dizziness etc has settled. Good luck for your first scan. Not that you need any luck all will be blooming perfect - literally.

C - how you getting on? All ok with you?

So i started my new contract yesterday. Well girls i'm at work now and think i've made a big mistake - the stress and workload is much more than i thought and was mentioned in the interview. Right now that's the last thing that i need so am gonna call it a day tomorrow and will just have to tell them the job isn't right for me as i don't want to tell them about treatment. If i was at a different stage of life, it would be a fab opportunity but not now. I'm feeling ok a bit disappointed about it and feeling guilty as i know the company really need someone. But my hubby keeps reminding me that the only loyalty i should have is to myself and not to any company as they'll find someone else. Whilst i agree sometimes men can just be so 'practical'  when all i really want is a hug godammit! ;D

I'm now half way through the 2ww wait, not  really any symptoms - a little bit sore in the boob dept and a little light cramping and just feeling tired but apart from that all ok. Roll on next week....

Love to all ^hugme^ ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi ladies,

Sarita, just do what you feel is best for you hunny. You`re hubby is right, and here`s that ^hugme^ ^hugme^ you need from me! Hope that helps :) It`s best to stay away from stress as much as possible and you have waited for this for so long...

S, ^goodluck^ tomorrow with your scan, hope you`re feeling ok

Elisa and C, hope you ladies are doing well. Elisa, what time is your scan on Thursday?

Well, we went to Homerton today and heard good as well as not so good things from Dr Abramov. After having waited 45min to be seen as the dr said that one of the scanner machines had to be repaired, he was patient with us and answered all our questions. The scan went well and everything has gone back to normal and as of today I`ll be starting the pill. BUT, he said the fact that the same thing that happened twice can still happen. We won`t know anything for sure once I start stimming. I will be on SP for the first time and a lower dose of FSH (stimming drug) Puregon 100! Bloody hell, even with that dose I`m at risk :mad: :mad: ^bigbad^ .

Anyway, once I get AF next month I have to go in for a Day 2 scan and if everything is ok I will start stimming right away. If I over stimmulate again, they`ll have to use suprefact to calm things a bit and try and take me to EC with the suprefact instead of the Ovitrelle, as it is the Ovitrelle that can cause OHSS. If they end up having to take me to EC by using the suprefact then we won`t have a very good outcome with regards to egg quality and quantity :-\ . He said "don`t worry we`ll try and work something out". I sure don`t like the sound of less eggs with lower quality :( .

My DH had another SA last week there and we got a written result today and unfortunately the vitamins he has been on the last 2 years have made sod all difference and he still has severely low count, motility and morphology. With regards to HSG the doctor said if I had fluid trapped in my tubes this would be detected on the scans, and he thinks it`s unnecessary. Once I heard that they can see fluid in tubes and DH`s SA, I changed my mind having to go through a HSG. I asked about natural IVF and he said we would even have a lower chance of success with that because of the MF. ICSI is our only hope, if that can even be achieved...

With regards to acupuncture he said some research have said that it can help IVF and some have said that that it doesn`t and there is no conclusive evidence, and he didn`t say that I should have it. It can be used to relax people if under stress. So, won`t be having that either.

Rosesxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Oh my days  ^bigbad^
Sop, thinking about you sweetie and thinking about you tomorrow keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Sarita, at the moment you must think of yourself and not to get stressed hun, your DH is right
and here's a  ^hugme^ from me too and one from my embies  ^hugme^
I had light cramping nearly all the way through my 2ww, nothing to worry about.

B, I hate waiting :mad: too, makes my nerves bad, I'm always nice and early.
SO HAPPY THINGS DOWN THERE ARE BACK TO NORMAL ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^
Hunnie, I wouldn't worry about what if again, you didn't OHHS the first time  ^hugme^ hope and  ^pray^ that you get the go ahead to start stimming  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Please keep us updated hun.

C: how are you sweetie?

I've got my scan this Thursday at 9am, so fingers crossed.
Love to you all
Elisa xxx

·
Registered
265 Posts
Morning girls
Hope you're all well today. Thanx as always ladies for your sweet words and  ^hugme^.

Have had to finish work and i'm not sure how the company are taking it - but work comes and goes and nothing is more important to me than seeing this treatment. It's a little weird for me tho as i always honour my work commitments and feel a little unprofessional but in hindsight i think i was being a bit ambitious thinking i could do it all. But you live and learn i guess. The money would have been very handy tho! Once this 2ww is over - whatever the outcome - at least i'll know what next to do tho can't think that far ahead at the mo.

Sop - thinking of you honey and hope you're feeling much more positive today. xx

Elisa - everything crossed for Thursday. You have come so far and all will be absolutley fine honey so try not to worry meanwhile. xx

B - i think acupuncture can help so if you want to give it a go have a couple of sessions and see how you feel. As for Dr Abramov - sometimes i find he can be a bit arrogant and in the past whilst he can be lovely he can also worry and panic a person with some of his comments. When i had ET he was great but in few appt before he came across quite rude when i was pushing for answers on a couple of questions that were important to me. I think he knew he felt he knew best and whatever he said was always and that i was unnecessarily worrying about certain things. Yeah, and the last time he physically went through fertility treatment was when?!! So don't take everything he says to heart and you can always check with the nurses if there is anything else you want definitive answers to. Hang in there sweetie xx

C- hope all is well with you and i think you're on the pill at the mo - so hopefully now side-effects. xx

So what you girls up to today? I have a TON of laundry to fold and apart from that i'm just gonna potter around the house so will check in later.

Love to all xxx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sarita,

Glad you aren`t feeling too bad about giving up the job. Just take each day as it comes hun, there`s not much else we can do I`m afraid. We`ll keep you busy right here don`t you worry!

You are right that he did freak us out yesterday about the next go so I`m not getting too hopeful. We have to go by what they say really. As I don`t feel that stressed, just worried, I don`t think I`ll have acupuncture for now and see how we go. As want to save on the money as well for now :-\ .

I`ve been hoping for some sunshine to do the washing but no luck. Got some shopping to do today and to pick up DH`s trousers from the dry cleaners.

It`s so dark any miserable today :(

C, when did your start pills? We might have close cycles ;)

S, how did it go hun today?

Elisa, excited and nervous yet? ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ tomorrow. GOOD LUCK!

xxxxxx

·
Registered
265 Posts
Roses - thx hun, will just take each day as it comes as suggested. Am so glad you guys are around and yes please do feel free to keep me busy!! ;D ;D ;D Hope you managed to get your shopping done and didn't get caught in the rain. Hope you picked up a couple of treats too while out shopping as that should help clear away the weather blues!  ;D

Just remember doctors don't know everything, they think they do most of the time but miracles do happen so stay positive sweetie, even tho i now things may not feel so positive. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Sop - how did it all go today honey?  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Hope all you fabulous gals are having a good day xxxx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I`ve been waiting all day for a chance for the rain to stop and walk to the shops, as we don`t own a car. The first chance I get I do and what happens? I get caught in the rain on the way back :mad: . Luckily didn`t get too soaked.

Sarita, I definitely got my treats, Cornetto ice cream, pack of cheesy Doritos, and of course Jaffa Cakes. I definitely made sure I have a few days supply haven`t I? ;D . It`s funny how treats can come in handy isn`t it!

Have you girls planned anything for dinner? I`m going to put some salmon and chips in the oven, with boiled veg on the side. That should make up for crime of treating myself to the treats I hope...

What`s everyone up to?

Rosesxxx

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey all
Elisa - hope all went well today honey and you're putting your feet up now with large cuppa!
^hugme^ ^hugme^

Roses - glad to see you're stocked up! I have to admitt i'm running low and come the afternoon i'll no doubt be raiding the kitchen for a sugar fix! Really does make a difference and as i can't be bothered to go out today and yes, i'm still in my PJs!
Dinner last night was spag bol and i'm a veggie so mine was made with quorn and hubby's with mince. I really hate having to decide what to have for dinner each day!
So what you up to today? x :)

Hi to all the other gals xx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Elisa, how did it go hun? I`m really hoping that everything went well and you are right now over the moon to see that evidence!!

Sarita, hmmm that sounds like a good idea for tonight`s dinner. I have to check if we have enough spagetti. I hate having to think of something different to cook and sometimes I cook enough to last two days ;D .

S, Clare hope you ladies are fine.

xx

·
Registered
265 Posts
yep, spag bol is the way forward tonight if you have all the stuff.  I do that too, i.e cook for two days. I've still got some left over from yesterday so that's din din's sorted for tonight!

At least the weather is brighter today - not that i'll be venturing into the outside world as just don't fee like it today. Got a few house chores so that's my exciting day planned. Think i may just watch some crap telly and of course i l love the True Movies Channel!

Was thinking this time next week i'll know whether treatment worked - well actually we'll know next Tuesday. This in-between-time is weird as feels like life is limbo.

So you or any of the ladies doing anything nice today?

Thinking of all the other hunnies and hope all is well xxx

1 - 20 of 292 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.