Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to a new home for your Homerton thread chat!
^fairydust^

If you would rather not see tickers and other users' avatars there is a facility to turn them off. You can find more information about how to do this here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11415.0

Please note that Fertility Friends or it's owners cannot take responsibility for the content of external website links. When posting links to other sites please do so responsibly.

Love and baby dust to all

Lizi.x

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks Lizzi.

Sarita, I did find whole milk a bit rich at first but I`m used to it now as I have it on it`s own. I know what you mean about Shaun. If he has gone to a private clinic I guess they probably have better pay for staff there too as txs tend to be more expensive too... xxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Roses, well done 9  ^afro^ ^afro^ ^afro^
^goodluck^ on your phone call tomorrow, they are in safe hands.
OMG you too  :eek: felt stuff,  :eek: I could never dream of that!!!!

regarding milk, I drink milk for bubs but in my pregnancy book it says there is no difference in full fat milk to semi to skimmed it has the same calcium the only difference is the calories. I always drink semi.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks Elisa. No difference? Really? I definitely don`t want the calories! Nurse just said to have 1lt of cows milk and I guess semi-skimmed is made from cows milk too right? xxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
yep, they are all made out of cows milk they just take the fat out. It's in my book.
Don't like drink Skimmed, it's like water  :p semi is my cup of tea, talking of.......
All 3 types have the same calcium in them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

I didn't want to mentioned that you could feel the needle going in and see the fluid being drained out because it sounds more scary than it is.  B - Glad everything went well today and fingers crossed for lots of fertilization.

The new embriologist is a locum so not sure how long she will be there for, but she was brillant and really explained everything well plus she explained the difference between LOTRC (Lord of the Remote Control) specimens, which has actually improved.  She also gave us some other advice, which was frankly more useful than that of the urologist at Whipps Cross.  Backflash to the milk theory - we've have tried every conceivable vit and lifestyle change and nothing has worked, but switched to organic milk and meat last year and now an improvement.  It might be a fluke, but who knows?

Lord of the Remote Control, stayed home to keep me company, which passed time more quickly.  I've been so busy for so long I don't know what to do with myself!!!  Anyway, last day tomorrow and then back to work Friday and i'm on a course next week so nothing too taxing. I've haven't managed to get to this stage before so not sure what I should or should not be feeling.  I still feel twinging and a dull ache in my lower belly.  Is this normal?  I'm still taking pregnyl so the ovaries are still working away, but not sure.

Speak soon,

C x

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
C, glad you didn`t say it in that way as I would have definitely freaked out! How and when did you see the fluid being drawn out? I didn`t see a screen anywhere, and also had my eyes closed most of the time. You are right, it wasn`t as bad as it sounds. It was real quick. I saw the new lady embriologist around but never got a chance to chat to her. We saw the Asian man whose new as well, I thought the nurse was referring to him, as she said 'he`s really good', well if they are both really good, then even better! Interesting advice you were given as have never heard of that before...

At least you will be keeping busy at work as of tomorrow. ^2ww^ ^2ww^ ^2ww^

Elisa, I will use semi-skimmed too and prefer it. Thanks for that advice.

xxxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Good luck on your phone call tomorrow hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi hunnies,

Been having a few hectic days lately so haven`t been able to post. From our EC on Wednesday we had 9 eggs collected, of which 6 was mature and of the 6 eggs injected 3 fertilised. We had 2 of them transferred this morning and the other one will be cultured until Monday to see if it makes to blasts.

Hope you are all doing well,

Roses xxxx

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey girls - haven't forgotten you, just been having a hectic few days and am just dashing out now but wanted to pop in and say a quick hello and send you all lots of love. Will post properly tomorrow and catch up with you lovely peeps then!  ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
where is everyone???
been really stressed with this painter, he is so thick I want to bash his head against the wall  ::)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Elisa, ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ I think you can manage exactly that with all those hormones running in you!! ;D ;D

What`s the problem?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
He's finished the job but there are tons of cracks that he's forgotten to do  :mad:
With all my hormones inside of me I've had enough spoke to the boss and looks like he's going to do the whole thing again  ??? more mess (hate mess)
I see big holes that he should have done, when I tell him, he just replies, "oh, I never saw that" and then forgets to do anything about it  :mad: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And then today I got my first midwife's appointment, now (god bless the NHS) by the way I'm being sarcastic  ??? they really don't care about you, the appointment is for 6th Aug, well into  my 20th week, I have to go not to the hospital but wait for it..... New southgate, in a school to meet them phoned them up to try and see if there was anything nearer, there is so WHY!!!!!!!! did they not do this for me???? also I think that 20weeks before I see a midwife is a bit too long as everyone else is having one at 12 weeks.
I honestly think that they are trying to make me go  ^idiot^
been on the phone chasing people today, GOD BLESS THE NHS

sorry about this but have got this off my chest.

We must meet up for coffee soon, maybe the end of the week?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Elisa, these builders sound like you have to chase after them :mad: and they can`t be bothered. He better do it properly this time or else ^bigbad^ . If you don`t say things to some people they just carry on like nothings wrong, too bad we have to be the ones to do the chasing up :mad:
Is the place they gave you at New Southgate at Bowes Road? As I have been there once for a smear test while living at Southgate... That is so strange that there are closer places they could have given you but they haven`t, I guess they haven`t given you a reason why it has to be there ???
I`m up for a coffee end of the week. Sounds like we all have a bit of ranting to do ::)

xxxxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
B,  it's children Centre Garfield school, Springfield road N.11.
tHINK WE ALL NEED TO GET STUFF OFF OUR CHESTS,
or is it an excuse to have another of those coffee's and orange juices, don't think we'll be 2nd time lucky  ;D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So, it`s not the the place I thought of, so it is a school... Why won`t we be lucky this time, you think they are going to run out of the coffee and the orange juice? ;D

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
;D ;D
You know what happened with the coffee last time  ;) maybe 2nd time lucky

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ OOOOHhh yeah!!! How could I forget, must be my thick day today ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ;D ;D . You never know though ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi girls,

B - really pleased the ET went well - just the horrendus wait now.  I'm seven days in but convinced I'm going to have a period, but staying positive and pleased to be back at work to take my mind off of things.  I've become obssessed with every twinge!  My DP has to go away on business on the day of my test, so if I make it that far I'm planning to test on the Sunday before he goes. 

Elisa, I had my house painted a few weeks back.  When I got home I found that they had painted the whole of the hall, stairs, landing and lounge in completely the wrong colour and then tried to suggest that it was my fault ^bigbad^.  You might want to remind him not to cross a hormonal pregnant woman or else there might be blood on the carpet  ^bigbad^.

Take care ladies,

C

1 - 20 of 93 Posts