Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Im new to this site and am about to receive treatment for IVF at the Homerton in Hackney in Feb - had my nurses appointment today, just wanted to say hi to you all! and will be looking in the chat rooms for as many positive stories as i can find!

Good luck everyone - have everything crossed for us!

^pray^ xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Welcome to FF, Glitterball!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I haven't been to Homerton, but I do have a positive story! My daughter was born just over a year ago through IVF. We do have a London section - CLICK HERE and specifically a Homerton thread - CLICK HERE which you might find useful.

Here are a couple of other links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

Keep a diary of your treatment or just read the experiences of others ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good luck glitter ball, I joined the other day too,and also start my treatment for ivf in Feb  ^reiki^
Just rememeber that everyone is different and this is your journey .. I wish you the very best of luck with your's  :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sue, Hi Jess1, thanks for replying  ;D its so nice to finally have somewhere to go where everyone understands what you are going through!
I have my AF in a couple of weeks and then start the long protocol on day 21... an nervous and excited - have had 3 failed IUIs so know what to expect with injecting myself though obviously not familiar with the drugs!
Keeping everything crossed for us Jess1! lets hope the baby gods are smiling upon us!
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
xxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Def Glitterball wishing upon that star in the sky that it's our turn this time ^pray^
I am getting all set now,just have to fone up next month on the first day of cycle,and start my drugs which are in the fridge as i speak ... which i always look at them every time i go in it lol so looking round the dates of the 12th feb and maybe collection for round the 24th which at the moment is what i'm booked in for :) Hope thing's turn out a little different than the first time, as the drugs they have give me are the same but at a higher dose,so i am just taking one step at a time,and thinking just that little change to this treatment than before like higher dose = more eggs and if lucky just some to fall back on :) as i didn't have that chance before as only one was good enough to put back in :( and that was the end of that !!
It is so nice to talk to ppl also,just abit worrying as nearly everyone i have spoke to has been through this more than what I could take anyway, but my goodness thank them for their strenght and the will to carry on and give other's like me their strenght to just go through this the second time :) without them i think i would be going mad right now .... here's hoping that everyone if not already finds their pot at the end of their rainbow ..... god bless and Good luck with your tx glitterball here's crossing my finger's for you  ^reiki^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be thinking of you for sure during your tx! by the time you have your collection, i would of just started the injections..seriously, this has to be our time! ive heard some say that the first cycle of IVF is mainly to get the drugs correct - i hope this is true in your case and will be praying for many eggs for you this time round and a sucessful pregnancy soon to follow!

Sending lots of baby dust your way!

xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts