Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peter,
I know you're moving (Good Luck) so you may not get chance to answer for a while but any advice would be great.
I am about to start IVF and I am a bit concerned.
I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in May last year and since then I have not had any follow-up exam or tests done. I went to see my Gynaecologist last week and he was unaware of my ectopic due to it happening in the USA (althoug my GP does have the notes), so I have had to take him my notes from the hospital where I had surgery.
On reading the notes there are a few things that I am a bit concerned about and wondered whether these things will make any difference to the outcome of the IVF.
According to my notes I have Hematosalpinx in both tubes, although the right tube was removed with the ectopic. I also have adhesions with psammomatous calcifications. My cervix is covered with Nabothian cysts and my left ovary(I only normally ovulate from my right) has a cyst that is approx 2cm in size.
I am starting to worry that these things really needed sorting before I started IVF or am I worrying over nothing and reading too much into it!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help you can give
Sally

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sally & Alan said:
Hello Peter,
I know you're moving (Good Luck) so you may not get chance to answer for a while but any advice would be great.
I am about to start IVF and I am a bit concerned.
I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in May last year and since then I have not had any follow-up exam or tests done. I went to see my Gynaecologist last week and he was unaware of my ectopic due to it happening in the USA (althoug my GP does have the notes), so I have had to take him my notes from the hospital where I had surgery.
On reading the notes there are a few things that I am a bit concerned about and wondered whether these things will make any difference to the outcome of the IVF.
According to my notes I have Hematosalpinx in both tubes, although the right tube was removed with the ectopic.

This is OK and to be expected

I also have adhesions with psammomatous calcifications.

Not a major problem, kust an onservation.

My cervix is covered with Nabothian cysts

This is OK

and my left ovary(I only normally ovulate from my right) has a cyst that is approx 2cm in size.

This needs keeping an eye on and draining prior to the cycle (by your IVF clinic) if it gets any larger.

Good luck!!

Peter

I am starting to worry that these things really needed sorting before I started IVF or am I worrying over nothing and reading too much into it!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help you can give
Sally

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.