Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I have just been diagnosed with MMC at 7weeks. This was our 2nd round of IVF (ICSI) and getting the BFP in Dec was so exciting for us, what a happy time. Now we are devastated. I am v worried that our time is running out. I am 42 (age & low egg reserve) DH has v low sperm count. any stories of hope please? ^pray^
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi- I don't know what mmc is but I think I understand that this baby won't happen.
There are lots of options for you- esp since you're over the IVF hump. Which in my opinion was the biggest barrier! The expense here in the US is over the top for a chance at pregnancy!
Donor eggs and ICSI. Also, there are things your husband can do to improve his sperm quality- Is he willing? Acupuncture, diet change, no hot tubs, and more. This way he'll feel like he's owning some of the burden of childbirth too.
My husband quit riding his bike for 1 1/2 years! That was a big sacrifice. He started yoga.
Donor eggs wasn't too far a stretch for me, as we were (are?) planning to adopt- we just have to wait an eternity apparently. I'm just getting over the IVF hump. I'm happy to try someone else's genetics, quite frankly! I have 3 nieces.

Sorry youre ttc is still alive. It sucks really, but if you keep persevering you'll find a way out of this hole. You will!
Good Luck,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts