Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me with a question.  My dh and I had icsi 4 years ago which resulted in our beautiful 3 year old daughter.  We have 4 frosties left which we are hoping to use very soon. I have an appointment next week with cons to discuss our options.  The question is:- my af is due the day after our appointment and I was wondering if I would have to dreg or could they do a scan after af has finished to determine base line (forgive me if I'm asking the obvious as I seem to have blocked out everything that went on four years ago so I feel like a newbie) ^idiot^  and then start medication from thereon.  We are self funding so we can start anytime we are ready (right now please!!!)  I'm not sure of protocol or if I will be advised to do a total medicated fet or not until I speak to cons. - I just want to be informed before I go. TIA.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Hi

I think if you have regualr cycles you can go for a natural FET cycle which is where they monitor your ovulation and then replace the embryo as if it had been made that month, in that case you could probably go this month,

If they want you to downregulate I think you would have to start on day 21 of this cycle, and then baseline would be next cycle, and then you would start oestrogen to build up the lining prior to transfer,

I'm not sure if there is a half way house where you take oestrogen but don't down reg and I think every clinic does it differently,

Good luck with your appointment,

Livity K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts