hi

just wondering if anyone has either of these two symptoms with pcos

if anyone does would appreciate any feed back

many thanks

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hi Emily!

I have experienced both hot flushes to the face and excessive sweating. The sweating (mainly underarm) has always been a problem and I used to use special overnight deodorants. These really helped but they stung like CRAZY!!

As for the flushes, I had these for about a year or so. It was strange - I used to get them everyday at the same time. My face would feel like it was burning, and then this would subside after 20 minutes or so.

I have been taking Chinese herbs for the last 6 months and found they've really helped both of these problems, particularly the flushes, which have now disappeared altogether thank goodness.

I actually thought I may be having an early menopause, but on researching it, the flushes are caused by hormone inbalances in both PCOS and menopause!

Omega Oils (like Linseed supplements) and Evening Primrose Oil can be used to balance hormones, although I'm a big fan of the herbs!

Kate x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Em
All the time, lol, I am a sweaty betty!
I tried accupuncture which helped but I still get the symptoms, I would say they are moderate now rather than severe.
I hate it, I wake up at night sweating, I sweat in the day, it's yukky.

Chick

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks kate and chick for ur responses

much appreciated and has put my mind at rest

My gp or rather the dr who i am seeing whilst my gp is away, told me cos my periods were irregular and i am having hot flushes, he knows about my endo, but dont think he bothered to think about the pcos.

Thanks once again anyway

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hmmm I have forgotten what it feels like to sleep a night without a flush.... its mad its like a little match is lit inside you and than it spreads throughout the rest of your body ... drives me insane I usually sleep all cuddled up with my dh I cant bear being to close cos I end up stuck to him lol TMI?

anyway yes totally normal!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know it has been quite warm today but I have been having horrible flushes, my trews were literally clinging somewhere they shouldn't.
Last night was awful though, seems to be worse after my op though, don't know if that is the same with you Emily?
Chick

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HIya Chick

Its strange u say that as it appears that its only since the op that i have been like this its just like they have given me some zoladex or something similar and not told me lol

even still when i was on zoladex i didnt used to get the flushes and sweats this bad.

My hair can be wet prob tmi, and my face is always the same.

dh keeps asking........why if only i knew.

Altho feeling better gp freaked me out big style when he told me i was more than likely menopausal

Thanks for letting me know that i am somewhat "normal" or as normal as one can be with endo and going thru IF

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Emily
At least with the Zoladex I took HRT which controlled the worst of the flushing after the the first 2 months or so, I've been told the same as you, more likely to be menopausal/glich in my body than anything else a few times.
Chick

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello girls
I am so glad you are talking about this as I too have been panicking about going into early menopause! I too have PCO and have just had a ERPC as unfortunately had a miscarriage. Anyway since the op I have been getting terrible night sweats, I wake up drenched! Luckily I have not been having them in the day (touch wood) But have been panicking so you have put my mind at rest a bit. The things we women go through....
Love
Helenxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hiya

Chick i hope that ur recovery is going well folowin ur op??

have u found that the flushes have been worse since ur surgery i found that mine have increased a lot since my op 6 weeks ago

Helen1, sorry to hear about ur m/c (((((hugs)))))

I have sat and thought and thought about posting it cos i thought it was such a silly question and people would just laugh and would get no replies but it seems that its not the case

baby dust to u all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts