Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was just wondering which progesterone you were on - that is, was it patches, pessaries for front or back door, or by mouth??

I am on Utrogestan, which says by mouth on the packet, but have been told to take them by the front door because it gets absorbed better.

I have had cyclogest in the past - used in the back door - but some clinics seem to dislike cyclogest.

The utrogestan is giving me thrush, which is a bit annoying - and the clinic told me to take them by mouth - but I'm too nervous to change the routine now!

Would love to hear which clinics advise what method!

Thanks

BTW - I am with IVI in Espana!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi,
I'm still using Utrogestan in the front door!! I'm 10weeks pg today and I've got to carry on taking them until I run out!! Another 3weeks(ish!!). I was worried as the leaflet in the box says nothing about taking them in either door, only by mouth. I looked it up on Wikipedia and was quite astonished how amazing this drug is. Have a look!! The best way to take it is front door. It gave me thrush too and the itching/swelling up drives me insane at times. I was told by my clinic to carry on using them front door and to use a tiny amount of canestan cream when it got bad. Which I have been doing. It calms it down a bit but not much. When I first started using them I used a bit of ky jelly to help insert but found that the itching got a lot worse, so I stopped using ky and it seems to have calmed down quite alot. Also when I was using KY I had a lot of chalky CM (sorry tmi) but now that's calmed down too!!
Good luck with your treatment hunny.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Its also worth knowing that Utrogestan is made with peanut oil.  If you have an allergy to peanuts, even a minor one, you may get a reaction....
That's why I can't take it.    I only found out by accident after they had prescribed them to me (nobody asked)and had to ask them to change to a differnt type.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh thanks girls for responding.

Will check the Wikipedia site for utrogestan - never know, might help me with the housework too, if it's that versatile!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts