Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Am sadly trying to recover from our first ICSI and finding it tough, espeically as AF arrived today.

People keep telling me how hard the drugs and the procedures are on our bodies so wondered if anyone has any advice on how to recover physcially from failed ICSI or (IVF I guess). Should I detox? Should I take any special vits? Eat certain foods? Avoid certain things?

Just feel that if I feel better physically then the emotional side might follow.

Thanks

Spoony x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I can emapathise with you as BFN for me last week, and emotionally still a wreck.  Also I have packed the pounds on usually put on a stone each cycle! and then the shifting it is the hard thing! I have definitely gone up a dress size.
I guess for me I'll go back to the gym when I feel able to, maybe some swimming. I'll be interested to hear what the other FF say about detoxing etc

L x

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
babyspoons/jj1  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I don't know what to suggest as I don't think there is anything in particular that can help you recover. I find I can cope best when I'm busy as then I am more in control of things which helps a bit. Exercise may help you to feel better as the hormones produced when exercising are supposed to be beneficial , in moderate doses, and it can help you feel in control of your body. I hope you're able to find something that helps you soon.

Cathie x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.

If it's any consolation, I found that my first icsi failure was significantly harder than any of my others.  I'd had 4 iui failures & felt sure than ivf/icsi would be the answer.

I find that it usually takes me at least 3 months to begin to feel ok again.  I generally feel pretty numb, peed off at the amount of money it's cost & fed up with everyone else who gets pregnant so bloody easily!

Not sure what to suggest on the physical side - exercise & chocolate & a big glass of wine is what I tend to go for!!  I'd say what ever you fancy - in moderation!!

Don't expect to just feel better straight away - our cons tells us that it's like a bereavement & you should acknowledge that it's going to feel awful.

Take care & give yourself lots of time - maybe plan a few little treats to have something to look forward to & hang on in there!

Love Jess xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Thanks Cathie
I used to bounced back but this 4th ICSI has just knocked me for 6, on my first cycle I got pregnant and m/c at 7weeks and 6 days, and all the feelings of loosing my baby have come to the forefront as well. Maybe because at my follow up they said surrogacy or adoption was my only hope of motherhood and it is  hard to hear. Booked to see the counsellor on Thurs so hope she can help me.
L x

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cathie,

JJ1 -  ^hugme^ I hope the counselling helps.

I am off work today as pain so bad it's making me physically sick. Thought it would be better today but not so! HR manager told not to come back until wed after seeing Con so......Grey's Anatomy Box Set here we come!!  ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd definitely say counselling helps, as does making space for some quiet time to cry, planning somethign special non-baby-related with your partner ideally something where you can feel young and carefree and have a good laugh together, sunshine, gentle exercise (don't overdo it suddenly!) and keeping clear of any poisonous relationships in your life (spending time with people who make you feel awful doesn't make you a better person, I've decided!! - at least noone's handing out any medals  ;D )  For me gardening is really therapeutic as I can completely forget time whilst I'm out there.

and yes, a nice glass of red wine does definitely make the world a better place sometimes  ;)

Very best of luck with your healing process. 

Joanna X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts