Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

As a back up plan, my husband and I booked a holiday for the week between Easter & the Royal Wedding in case this cycle was a loser.  Our flights are scheduled (yet changeable) for Friday evening.  My day 5 transfer turned into a day 6 transfer (trying not to lose hope) so our testing is now for Friday morning.  I have heard that the ARGC likes to do hcg tests 2 days in a row to ensure its doubling.  I was wondering if anyone dared do the the test a day early.  I am happy to do it Thursday with the second blood on Friday and if it looks at all positive I'll cancel my flight.  But if its a loser, there is no way I'm staying here with that sad cloud hanging over me. 

Any thoughts?  Are they going to be ****** if I test early?  One day early they should pick up something if its working, right?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kitty- you're right when you get get your BFP you have bloods the following day the alternate days if all is well. I went in daily for 4 days as my levels were quite slow to double.
I can't see why testing a day early would be a problem- just remember it will be a lower level than you might see in peoples' signatures.

Looking forward to your good news

Loobieloobs xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.  I'm sorry to say, I'm a little intimidated by some of the ladies in the office and am a little scared they might yell at me for doing the testing early.  I know its the drugs, they always make me paranoid and skittish.  I'm anticipating it will be low, I just want to ensure its not zero.  :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
KittyP said:
Thanks for that. I'm sorry to say, I'm a little intimidated by some of the ladies in the office and am a little scared they might yell at me for doing the testing early. I know its the drugs, they always make me paranoid and skittish. I'm anticipating it will be low, I just want to ensure its not zero. :)
LOL! I know that feeling!

·
Registered
959 Posts
HI

be confident when you speak to the reception girls, i feel like that sometimes and I'm a string character but if you are confident in yourself they wont behave like that

On the note of HCG, i know what you mean about staying in UK if its a -tive but you don't have to all the post BFP monitoring - although most people do to ensure the best outcome, but i have known a few people who didn't bother but thats because they had been preg before so were confident they would be OK??

·
Registered
202 Posts
I tested a day early as I had terrible cramping so I was called in for a scan in case I had OHSS, as I was there I requested my blood test a day early which was fine!the nurses and doctors were lovely about it. Just a quick thought though, day 5 or day 6 transfer won't affect your test date as it's 15 days from egg collection so I think you'll be testing on the correct day not a day early won't you??

Al x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I thought but they told me Friday.  At the other clinic they said day 15, egg collection being day 1.  I was just wondering if they get upset when you don't follow direction.  ^bigbad^

I didn't realise there was all this follow up.  Normally I would just go on the trip anyway but when we came to the ARGC my husband and I vowed to do exactly as they say.  For me its been absolute torture.  I think milk is the most disgusting thing on Earth but I drink it everyday and I love exercise but have sat quietly for 2 weeks.  If they say don't fly, I won't fly.  :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Kitty,

I've done a similar thing to you although I have 3 more days to spare post test day.  Couldn't cope with the disappointment if it fails, so we are booked to go away next Wednesday.  I test this Sunday so if it's positive we won't go but if it's negative we can still go!

Best of luck.  You really are in the best hands.  Keep the faith.

Lupe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts