Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Im just after a little advice if thats ok, AF was due yesterday (yesterday was day 32 of my cycle) this is just my second cycle clomid free and im due to start IVF on day 21 of my cycle.

Whilst on clomid my longest cycle was 32 days and was 30 days when i had the trigger shot, well to cut a long story short AF is 1 day late, i have no signs at all upto yet of her arriving. Ive got very hard sore bbs that are noticibly swollen but thats it. Ive done a pregnancy test and its BFN,

I suppose my question is how usual is it to get a BFN when AF is already late then go on to get a BFP and if you do get a bfp how much later can it be............. think im probably just hoping lol

Thanks x x x

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
what kind of test did you use ?? if it was a reliable one then i would take it to be true hunny  ^hugme^  i would hope that even using a cheaper test that it would pick up some HCG in your system

maybe you could try the search tool to see if any similar previous results come up  ;)

xxx

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I used a clear blue digital x

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Kelly

Usually a HPT would pick up HCG by the time your AF is due, however, unless you know exactly what day you ovulated then it's not an exact science by any means.  Did you use first wee of the day?  To get the most accurate result you really need to use first wee of the day so if you didn't then I'd maybe wait a couple of days and see what happens and if still no witch then test again.

It could just be your system getting back to normal without the clomid, I know after IVF your periods can be delayed in the first few months.

^hugme^ for the uncertainty it's rubbish isn't it ^hugme^

Axxxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i would say the clearblue are very accurate hunny but like Amanda has said if still no AF in a couple of days test again, it could be your cycles still adjusting  ^hugme^

xxx

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ifim honest i didnt use the first wee of he day i did it just before i posted and have been for about 10 wee's today lol

I was trying to hold off testing but as we all know the waiting drives you  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ lol

Im not even sure when i ovulated we were just having some time off before IVF so never monitored or checked but i usually ovulate on about day 16

Thanks for your replies if AF stays away i'll test on wed as that will be 5 weeks from my last period. (ive just checked on phone as when i tested positive 2 years ago that was at 5 weeks desptite testing daily exfore that and getting a bfn- but unfortunately that ended in M/C) i dont know why i didnt look at what happened to me last time before i posted lol

X x x x

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Kelly wishing you all the best hunny  :) if this turns out to be a deffo neg then look to your TX with lots of  ^reiki^ will be thinking of you  ^hugme^

xxx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Sounds like a plan, if still no ^witch^ on Wednesday test with first wee of the day and a Clearblue and then that should be more accurate.

^goodluck^ I'll keep my ^fingerscrossed^ for you that it changes.

Axxx

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ladies, i'll update you as i find out. But either way things are looking better with IVF starting

Take care x x x

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Course they are hun, that's what you have to focus on! ;)

Take care

Axxxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts