Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I was just wondering is there a set amount of time you have to wait after you have had treatment before you can start the adoption process?

T x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Milktray

Welcome to this part of the sight all about adoption.

The general oppinion of most SS & LA is 12 months, some may say 6 months.

How long ago is it since you stopped treatment?

Have you approached any SS yet to make enquirers?

Most people find the 12 month waiting time seems very hard & that they think they won't get through that time.  If that's how you are feeling give yourself time to adjust to the situation you find yourselves in at this moment in time.

We found planning a year of "stuff" passed 12 months very quickly.

Wishing you lots of luck for the future.

Superal

xx

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Superal

thanks for your reply.

We haven't stopped treatment yet.  We are hoping to have one last round of FET at the end of June and if that fails we then want to start looking into the adoption process.

12 months does sound long, it's not so bad for me as I am younger than my DH.  Is there an upper age limit?

T x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Milktray

There was another thread on this very subject only a few days ago. here's the link

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31511.0.html

As Superal says each LA vary some 6 months , some 12 months.

Hope the information on the other thread helps. In terms of age, no there are no limits as such, but some LA's like to have a minimum age gap between the oldest partner and the youngest child.

Good luck
Karen x

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Karen  :)

T x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,

My LA said it was 6-12 months cos it was considered to be a sort of time for "grieving" & getting head/body straight again - makes sense really.

Good luck!
Jessx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.