Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We have just done our first cycle of icsi and got a bfn on april 12th, i was just wanting to know roughly how long it will be before we can go again, we didnt have any to freeze so will be a fresh cycle.  I would like to start again asap.
Thanks for any advice
Julie.x

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Julie

Sorry about your BFN  ^hugme^
I think it depends on your clinic, but I think most like you to have 3 AF's between cycles. It does take a bit of time for your body to recover.

Good luck hun,
Bok xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Clinics vary but it's usually about 3 months/natural cycles in between each treatment.

This is a very frequently asked question....please use the search facility as you will more often than not find the answers to your queries....and I know this question has been asked many times...so perhaps do a quick search and read the responses already given :)

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
    The Lister would have let me start on my failed AF & the Bath clinic would let me on my first AF
    after failed one but most clinics seem to want you to have 3 AF's first.. Depends how pushy you
    are really I think & obviously how busy they are.

As Natasha has said,, lots of women have asked this question so if you do a search on here you
    are lightly to get lots of answers to your question.

Sorry about your BFN & good luck on your next go  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Katy, xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Julie, so sorry about your BFN.  I totally understand your anxiousness to start again.  As others have said, usually clinics like 3 AFs inbetween to let your body heal as too many fertility hormones can be bad for your body.  Good luck.  Hope the next one is the one.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Julie,

Sorry that you had a BFN this cycle  ^hugme^.

At my clinic its a 3 month wait between cycles, I believe its because your body needs to get itself back to normal after all the drugs, also it gives you a change to have a break and recharge the batteries for round 2 :)

Emma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts