Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D ;D 

Well it'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't taken down the congratulations cards  ;D ;D ;D 
DP hinted yesterday that it's been long enough now  :mad:
I need to get her a memory box to put them away in.  Well that's my excuse, anyway  ;)

Can't remember how long I left M's but it was probably similar....... :-\ 

So go on girls, confess and make me feel better, or tell me I'm wallowing in it!   How long did you keep your cards on display?!!!

Claire x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I was forced to take mine down at Christmas to make way for the Xmas cards!!!

So that must have been about 5-6 weeks! :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
8 weeks for me  ;D Xmas, New Year & Dh's birthday had gone by before i took them down  ;)  I also confess to having a cry when i took them down too  ^idiot^ ;D

I'm looking for a nice memory box if anyone has any ideas, will have to be a trunk at the rate i'm going ;D

Channy xxx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I think I only kept them up about 3 weeks

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I just decorate shoe boxes for memory boxes - i plan to use some of the wrapping paper that M's pressies came in (it's still folded up under her bed - just not quite got round to it yet!) and stick photos and gift tags etc on it.

I made one for dh just after we got together and it made him :'( !!

I use Dh's shoe boxes though as they're bigger and you can get more in!!

I've just started another one for the drawings that M brings home from nursery - so one goes on the fridge, then when the new one comes home, the fridge one goes in the box etc!

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I probably kept the cards up for a couple of months too. ;D As for a box, I just used a couple of big cardboard build-your-own type ones from B&Q!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I've seen some lovely boxes in a shop in cas, never had one for Bel thou feel bad now!

Cards were up a few weeks, as visitors kept coming so kept adding to them!  know they were still up at DH's birthday about 3 weeks after but can't remember exactly when

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yesss they're still up! 6.5wks now! and they're not coming down for a good few weeks yet!! still getting some through the post so it would seem rude to take them down  ;D

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
;D We kept ours up until we hadn't received any new ones in the post for 2 weeks... so they were up for several months!!!  :-[ ;D

x

·
Registered
759 Posts
We kept ours up about 3 weeks.  DH made me take them down as what with christmas cards they were everywhere.  Sometimes we got two cards for them as people said they couldn't find a "twin" card. 

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm feeling better about it!!  ;D

thanks girls!

C x

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
We keep cards up until the next event that we get cards for :) such as next birthday for one of us or christmas etc :)

~But we do have large bookshelves to have them on so they arent on windowsills etc :)

So keep them up ;D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dare I say it....a whole year!!  :-[

But they were stood in an unused open fire place, so out of the way, and I only took them down to replace them with her 1st birthday cards. How bad is that?!  ;D

The birthday cards only lasted there a couple of weeks though, as DH has now set up a new sound system in the fireplace  ::)

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Probably until the dust was that thick I was forced to take them down to get the duster round!

As for a memory box - I was in Next one day and saw some really large baby gift boxes, probably about the same size as 2 shoe boxes put together - it was only £5 and was just the job, it fitted loads in :)

x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Ours came down at about 3 weeks but we had no space as we had Xmas cards, With Sympathy cards and New Baby and it was getting a bit ridiculous (plus we were moving house so I was having to declutter as and when I could with a new born)  I still have the baby cards though - and the christening ones  :)  Currently in a biscuit tin pending me finding a really nice keepsake box  :-[

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi

I'd say a few months with Henry as the cards just kept on coming - it was crazy, we had well in excess of 100  :eek:

I can't really remember with Lucas and for Rory it was probably 4-5 weeks (I just got fed up of H & L knocking them down or being blown down by the rush of air as my two little whirl winds flew by  ;D).

The each have a pile of stuff for memory boxes (still not got round to buying anything - even for Henry  ;D)

S xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
~SUGAR~ said:
Dare I say it....a whole year!! :-[

But they were stood in an unused open fire place, so out of the way, and I only took them down to replace them with her 1st birthday cards. How bad is that?! ;D
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner... ;D

I feel bad, I took B's down after about 2 weeks. :-[ Don't really have anywhere to put them in my house, except the windowsill and, as it was winter they were behind curtains most of the time anyway. I have kept them though. Err...somewhere... ???

C~x

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Caz said:
~SUGAR~ said:
Dare I say it....a whole year!! :-[

But they were stood in an unused open fire place, so out of the way, and I only took them down to replace them with her 1st birthday cards. How bad is that?! ;D
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner... ;D

I feel bad, I took B's down after about 2 weeks. :-[ Don't really have anywhere to put them in my house, except the windowsill and, as it was winter they were behind curtains most of the time anyway. I have kept them though. Err...somewhere... ???

C~x
Caz, You've made me feel so much better! Everyone seems to keep everything in a special box...all Kaydn's keepsakes are in a shoe box under my bed...the new baby cards aren't in there, but I think I know where they are! I must dig them out otherwise DH might come across them & throw them away! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
We finally took ours down when Lizzie reached 5 months!  We rigged up a display on our bannisters for the Xmas cards, then replaced them with baby cards once Xmas was over.  As they weren't in the way we just left them up there.  The stairs look rather bare now.....

Essex Girl x

1 - 20 of 31 Posts