Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could give me an idea on timescales for the period between when your hospital consultant first refers you for your initial appointment at the fertility clinic/unit, to the time when you are actually put onto the NHS waiting list?

The reason my DH and I have a problem is conceiving is drastically low motility on his part and the only tests that have been done on him are sperm tests which confirmed the problem.  From what I have read it appears we will be having ICSI.  I have had an transvaginal scan and blood tests but that's it – all came back normal.

Its really frustrating not knowing what will happen next. I've read so much on what happens once treatment begins but can't seem to find anything definitive on the period between being referred to an NHS clinic and getting the treatment!  I'm sure I'm not the only impatient woman out there who would love it if others could shed some light on this for me!  I feel like everything is taking so long!

Many thanks. x

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Toffecat

Unfotunatley each PCT has different timescales, and unfortunatley your postcode can affect your timescales as well......

I realise this doesn't help you at all, i got my information from a site called Northwest Fertility, i then emailed the hewitt centre ( this is all for Liverpool Womens Hospital) and they then advised..

Hope your time come rounds soon

Netty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts