Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have my first IVF consultation in November and am soo excited , cant wait to move on another step further .    My dp wants us to go away on a holiday after that so we can relax and try to prepare for whatever follows .
Can anyone please advise me approx how long from that appointment would we be starting the next stage whatever that may be,  any advise on what we should expect at the appointment  would be welcomed too .. .. We have already had lots of test so we know I have both tubes blocked but I am ovulatiing and my dp has a good sperm count and motility ..

If it moves very quickly we may try and get away before the appointment ...

Thanks folks .. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Wanda  ;D

We had our first appointment on the 10th September and as it was already day 3 of my cycle I was told I could start IVF on my next cycle.  So on day one of my next period I will phone the clinic to let them know, they'll write my precription for the down ******' nasal spray - you start sniffing on day 21 of your cycle for about 2 weeks.  After that apparently you have a baseline scan of your uterus and blood test to make sure your homones are switched off and then you can start injecting with the stimulating hormones etc etc.  I have the same problem as you - blocked tubes caused by ruptured appendix years ago, my dh is fine so we are hoping IVF will be the answer for us.

Good luck with your appointment - it's all a big waiting game (nerveracking but exciting at the same time).

Hope this helps alittle bit - so you can fit in a holiday  ^holiday^around your cycle.

Cassie ^bye^

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cassie .

Thanks for the reply .. Wow I didnt think it would be moving that quick !! .. Its good though. I wonder how long after sniffing and injecting we are expected to wait for EC ??

I hope my cycle regulates .. can you believe from March of this year I have had a perfect 26-28 day cycle and yet last month and this month I am all over the place .. 4 days on ..5 days off . 7 days on etc starting from day 16 !!.. I cant believe it ..

Oh well I think I may get the holiday brochures out and try and get away before Nov as I dont know what I will feel like during the sniffin and injecting ..

Fingers crossed for you Cassie , I will follow your postings to see how you get along ..

Bye for now x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Wanda

Glad you found my note helpful, this is just my experience so far for private treatment.  Not sure how long the wait is for NHS patients, we can't get any help funding treatment in Cambridgeshire.

Take care and let us know how you get on when your appointment comes.

Best wishes

Heather ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I know how you feel!!!

Our appointment is on 9th November, and the hospital said that the treatment would probably start in January (apparently they don't do treatment in December & July - how weird is that!!).  I'm getting impatient though, it's only 5 weeks until our appointment, but I keep contacting the hospital to see if there are any cancellations.  ^phone^

I was just wondering - this might sound like a weird question - but have you been through a roller coaster of emotions already?  I've been through frustration, denial, anger, impatience, acceptance - and probably others I can't think of at the moment!!!  ^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^

It will soon come round - I hope

xx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I dont think there is any emotion I havent felt  ...Its just all so much to take in  , I get myself in a real pickle sometimes just thinking about it .  Heaven knows what I will be like once it starts  !!

I have gone from one extreme to the other , even thinking is this what I really want , shall we wait a bit longer etc etc ,  but deep down I kniw its what we both want more than anything , I think its just the fear factor .. I am not frightened of the process , just frightened that it wont work ..

Its so good to know that I am not the only one that is
tied up in so many emotions ..

Roll on 10 November for me and 9 Nov for you !!

Wanda              ^banana^
xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I know what you mean!!!

I think the secretary might be getting a bit annoyed with me coz I e-mailed and phoned to see if there were any cancellations - but there wasn't  :'( :'(

I'm the same as you, not so much frightened of the process, but of it not working.  It's a lot of money, which does & doesn't bother me, to lose if it doesn't work.  It's annoying, but if I lived in Derby we'd probably get it free!!!!  ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^

Oh well, I kinda figure that everything happens for a reason, I'm just waiting to find out what that reason is!!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have a good weekend missy

^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Wanda, Cassie and Steph

I have an appointment on 21st October and will find out when we get to start ivf (with icsi). It looks like we won't be able to start until after Christmas  :mad:

We have been ttc for two years and have had tests for the last ten months. In all that time I managed to stay fairly calm but now that I know that something is going to happen soon i have lost all patience!!! I have tried phoning for a cancellation but had no luck. Its really frustrating because if I could have seen the consultant a week earlier (before my AF started) then we could probably have started in November instead of waiting until January.

Its nice to know i am not the only one who is raring to get started  ;D

Good luck to you all

FLH x x

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm still quite new her, but just wanted to say don't give up trying to get a cancellation. We have an appointment to get DH's wash results and to find out if we are going for IUI or IVF. Our appointment was made 3 weeks ago for 1st nov, but i have called the office every day this week...and yesterday she said they have a cancellation for MONDAY!! :) So do keep trying.

Good Luck to you all.
Kim x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts