Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

It's been quite a long time since I have been on here.  I have one gorgeous ds now 7, from ICSI.  3 other cycles not successful.  Just wanting some information really as its a long time since we were in the system.  How long does it take now from making an initial enquiry to treatment?  Can we self refer or do we need to go back to GP?  What are the chances at 40?  Sorry for all the questions - just wondering....

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Brummig! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

Belated congratulations on your ds! I live abroad so I am not 100% sure how the UK system works but I can point you in the direction of a few parts of the forum I think would help.

I think your best bet is to find our location boards (they are on the main FF forum menu), if you find the right area of the country and ask people there what the waiting times and clinics are like in your area, they do vary from area to area.

As far as the chances at 40, we have a section for people over 40 who are ttc ~ CLICK HERE. If you have a look at their second thread you will see it is full of success stories to help us realise that there is hope for us slightly older ladies!

Here are a couple of other links that I think might help you.

ICSI chat ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE I know you have been through the system before, but thought it might be useful for you to have this list.

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts