Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me?

I'm on my 1st IVF and have been d/regging using Synarel since day 21 of my last cycle. Have had my af at the beginning of last week and was due to start stimming today.

I went for my scan and had some bloods taken too. The scan was fine but the clinic has called to say my levels of (LH I assume) are too high - 100 and they want 75 so I need to continue to sniff for another 2 days and go back for scan and bloods on Wed.

I'm really worried I wont have downregged properly. If I havn't can this mean they will abandon the cycle altogether? Or is it the case I can go on and on as the Synarel supresses your natural cycle (even tho its not working as well as they think it should). I'm desperate to go ahead and will be gutted if I have to abandon the cycle.... :'(

Does anyone have any clues? The clinic are never v good at explaining stuff!

Love,
Sophia

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Sophia  :)

Don't worry! Some people just take a little longer to D/R. Remember, all our bodies are very different and what is the right time for one person may not be the right time for another. On my second cycle I D/R for 42 days in all whereas on my first it was only about 20 days!

I am sure that your scan and B/W on Wednesday will be fine and you will be able to start stims that day. I shall keep it all crossed for you  ;)

Good luck for your cycle  ;)

Love, Rachel xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rachel,

Thanks for your reply - relieved to know that these kind of delays are the norm. I guess I am getting impatient! ;D The difficulty is when you try and fit this round work. My GP has agreed to give me a sick note to cover ec/et but I do need to give as much notice to work as poss - with the days changing its just so diff. I guess work will have to be satisfied with 2-3 notice rather than the 7-10days I hoped to give them. I've not told them about my treatment (they are not a very understanding bunch of blokes I'm afriad  :mad:).

Isn't it strange that you had such a variance between 2 cycles - just shows you can't rely on what happened last time.

Love,
Sophia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.