Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was given my first dose of the menopause meds Feb 8th (with the second one Mar 12th).  The meds apparently last for 3 months which means that the 3 months are up now.  I have pcos and thus, don't ovulate on my own nor get AF.  So my doctor gave me provera to take which I took last Thurs (May 8th) to Mon (May 12th).  I'm still waiting for AF and there's absolutely no sign that it's coming (I still feel dry and no cramps, etc).

For those of you that have taken the menopause meds, when did AF come?  And anyone in my situation with needing to take provera after the menopuase meds?  We've waited 3 months to continue tx and this wait is just torture.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi, I have had the meds more than once and each time it has taken 3 months for AF to return.  Am guessing that everyone is different hun, have never had Provera so hopefully that will help you, waiting is always hard  ^hugme^

Foxylady x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Foxylady.  DO you mean 3 months from the first menomause injection?  Or 3 months after being on the meds for 3 months?

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hi

I have had several courses of the drugs for me i have had zoladex, after finishing them its taken anything from 6 wks to around 4 months for my af to return

(from the last injection)

Em

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I too had zoladex for endo treatment, I also was put on provera afterwards and it still took 7 months from when the last injection should have worn off before AF put in an appearance!!!

I really hope it doesn't take so long for you, we are all different and apparently I'm weird taking so long!!!

Em
xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi, I mean 3 months after finishing the meds.  :(

Foxylady x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hiya

I had my last Zoladex (monthly injection) around the middle of August and AF arrived at the end of September.

It looks like it is different for everyone

Vicky

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your responses.  I'm really worried and hope it doesn't take that long to get AF.  Anyone know if there are other options other than provera to bring on AF.  Feels like we're going in circles as the dr said that the affects of the menopause meds lasts 3 months (i.e. before the endo will return), but if we can't even do retesting until much later when AF returns (and then waiting for results and then ivf), then the 3 months will be way up by the time we get to ivf.  So chances are, the endo will have returned by then and I'll have to go on the meds again.  I'm just so stressed and worried.  We're waitied so long to get here that it's so frustrating waiting even longer with no end date in known.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts