Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well and things are going as well as they can for us all.

Anyway, im just wandering if anyone can help me, my dp and I are looking at IVF in the next few months. Im currently trying to loose weight but wondering how long it takes from the first consultation at a private clinic (Notts Care) for instance to actual embryo transfer.  we are looking to take a two week holiday in the first two weeks of september but im wondering whether we should bring it forward.  Its probably the last holiday we'll have for a while and i'd like to get the timings right if at all possible.

I would appreciate your help with this please.

Also, at what point and after what tests do the consultants say its probably best to use DE.  My FSH has been climbing the last few months and im concerned thats what ill be told, my periods are all our of sync, ie. too often aswell so im convinced its DE for me.

Please could you help.

Thanks again ladies
Debsx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Debs.

I have to have private tx but mine is not at notts I can tell you the timescales that I have always had to follow.

When you start to down reg (usually on day 21 of af) this can take 3 weeks, then you have 10 - 14 days of stimming (depends how fast / slow your follies grow) you will then be in for egg collection and embryo transfer is 2 or 5 days later. The whole process to test day normally takes 7 to 8 weeks.

Not sure when you would be recommended for de as I have never gone down that route.

Hope I have helped a little and ggod luck!

Ctm xx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ctm

I appreciate your reply as its very quiet here today and any information is a great help.

Would you know how long it takes from the first consultation to down regging?  This would be my first ivf and my first appointment with a private consultant.

Regards

Debbie

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well this is the million dollar question !!!  ;D ...

My experience has been this ...

1st consultation Jan 08

2nd consultation Feb 08

Planning meeting April 08

Drugs delivered in April 08

Phoned on day 1 of period of May - started talking pill on day 2

Awaiting next planning meeting now but been told to expect Egg collection & embryo transfer during W/C 23/06/2008 !!!

Its horrible now knowing isnt it - it drives me nuts!  ^idiot^ and basically you have no control over it ... we have not planned any holidays this year - because I didnt want it to hold up our IVF plans.

I wish you luck,

When will it happen x

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
when will it happen? said:
Well this is the million dollar question !!! ;D ...

Its horrible now knowing isnt it - it drives me nuts! ^idiot^ and basically you have no control over it ... we have not planned any holidays this year - because I didnt want it to hold up our IVF plans.
I totally agree that it's horrible not being able to make any plans. I have found so far that no one at my clinic is able to tell me anything, apart from we "should" receive a prescription, but we can't tell you when and we can't offer you an appointment until you get it. At the moment I am waiting for a prescription for my D/R drugs. I saw my clinic originally in Jan 08 for a antral follicle scan, consultation where they agreed to treat me, and all the blood tests & partners SA test. I am now at the stage of getting my drugs, although I don't know when I will be offered an appointment to collect them from the hospital, or when I can start. However, I am NHS funded and the whole process may take longer than a private paying client. By the way, I am also in Notts.

Good luck & hope it all goes quickly for you :)

Take care,

Elle x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou to you all for replying, it does help though.  My partner espects me to go for consultation and then embryo transfer in the space of a month i think. 

I think we are looking to book an appointment in June/July so i doubt we will be ready for september so I may just risk it and book the first two weeks in september and have a lovely 40th...

Anymore experiences from anyone would be helpful.

Elle, how do you find Care Notts?

Debsx

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Debs
I had first consultation in Jan, and started treatment  with short protocol in Feb with next period.
Good luck

TracyM

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
debblaze said:
Elle, how do you find Care Notts?

Debsx
Hi Debs!

I'm not at Care, sorry for the confusion! I'm at Nurture. I was given the option to go to care or nurture so I chose nurture.

Elle xx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Debs,

I think from our 1st consulatation, we had to decide ourselves when we would like tx. When we decided to go ahead, we had our baseline scans on day 2 - 5 of af and started on that cycle as there is no waiting list as such when you are private. As long as we paid for our tx before the drugs were delivered then it was left up to us :)

Ctm xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts