Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i am just wondering how many of you de girls have had to have more than 1 cycle of de before getting a ongoing viable pg.
i got a bfp with my first de tx and was thrilled but sadly at 7+4 wk scan there was no hb  :'(.
i am now going to have another go in july and was wondering if i have a good chance of it working again but being an ongoing pg this time?
my uk consultant and my consultants broard have both said i have just been unluckly what does anyone else think???
would love to here from anyone with similar experiences.
love poopy.xxxx

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Hello Poopy

I'm sorry you haven't received any replies before now, and I feel for you having got so far down the DE route and finding there was no heartbeat.  You must have been devastated.  I'm not entirely sure what causes the lack of heartbeat, but I suspect it may be a dud egg.  In that case, you were just unlucky, and everything else is OK.  If you got PG with your first DEIVF, that suggests that things are working and hopefully you will be lucky next time and get a good egg.

Good luck!
Essex Girl x

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi essex girl,
thanks for your reply hun i am just trying to take the positives from my cycle as you said i got pg with first attemp of de so thats got to be a good thing and also my new clinic in athens think the eggs just wern;t good enough and nothing to do with me so thats got to be positive,
many congrats to you on you beautiful little girl your so lucky to have her but i guess you know that already.
thanks for the reply.
love poopy.xxx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Poopy, I'm on the other side of the fence being a donor.  Recently I was devastated to learn my last egg share ended in a BFN for her.  I can't tell you how much I was pulling for her.  She sent me a card after her cycle so I know it was her first try.  Thankfully an hour didn't pass after getting the news when a nurse told me that my first recipient now has a baby girl.  Upon hearing the news I was doing controlled "screaming".  ;D I was fighting tears knowing she got her dream.  I have no idea if it was her first time or fifth.  I believe at my clinic the percentage is about the same for an IVF and DEIVF to succeed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts