Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I am considering DE's in Spain, if it is a possibility for me- I just wondered if the law were like ****, and you can only have 2 put back if you are under 40 and 3 if >40. I will be 40 in Oct and would prefer 3 if possible.
L x

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi JJ,
    I hope I can help you....I am currently at the IM clinic in Barcelona....I am 43, and I had 2 embryos transferred.....I have a feeling that it's Spanish law to transfer only two. I believe that some clinics in India and Russian do transfer 3....but I am not sure about the clinics themselves, in terms of donors they use or techniques etc, as I can only go by what I have read on this site.
I think it might be useful to explore and research other clinics....there is an abundance of information on FF with lots of active threads in progress. If you go to 'treatment outside the UK' or the 'donor egg' thread, someone may be able to help you. I am on the DE newbie thread...come and join us on there, we are a friendly bunch :) and we are all at different clinics.....
Good luck in your decision.....

love and hugs Milly  ^reiki^

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Milly I have an appt at IM and IVI Barcelon, so sorry to hear of your recent loss, are you having treatment again?
L x

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi JJ,
      Arrrhhh...its a long story but probably yes.....maybe later in the year...when do you go to IM. You never know I might see you there.... :) if you need help with anything, just give me a shout.

love Milly xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a first appt the on 26th (IVI) and 27 June(IM) so don't know if you are there around then.  I first need to see if DE's are still an option as my feedback on this failed cycle was surrogacy is my only chance as I have endometrium lining problems! I am going for a 2nd opinion on my lining on Tuesday.

L x

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi JJ,
      I want to wish you loads of luck for your appts ,and hope you can get some answers re your lining........have your UK clinics ever done a doppler or biopsy and swabs of your lining....maybe to rule out infection and also to check blood flow.... ^idiot^ you probably already have had these performed...but was just wondering....... :)
Best of luck and keep me posted on what the clinics suggest......fingers crossed... ^pray^

love Milly  :-*

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Milly yes I had it damaged during either during an ERPC after m/c or afterwards having an hysteroscopy and D+C (which I didn't consent to!!) have had subsequent surgery to try and help it, and the resulting scarring.
L x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi JJ

We were in Barcelona on 4th April for FET with DE and all three of our embryos defrosted perfectly.  The doctor said that they prefer to use three for FET because of the lower success rate, so that would lead me to think that having three put back is not a problem generally.

Best of luck for your cycle.

S
x

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi JJ

I too had 3 embryos put back at IM and again they were frosties

Good luck

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ladies can I ask if you are under 40? like the law in this country, I will be 40 in Oct so not a great wait if that is the case!

L x

·
Registered
623 Posts
JJ I'm 47 but I think it's the fact they were frosties - I don't think they'd put back 3 fresh.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi JJ

I'm also 47.  Like barbaramary I think it might be because it's frosties, but you can always call & ask.  I've found the clinics in Spain to be very helpful.

s
x

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hiya!
just to let you know I had IVF (using my own eggs) here in Spain in February. I had 3 embryos transferred. Admittedly 1 was a grade 1 and the other 2 hadnt yet divided on Day 2 but my doctor said he wanted to transfer all 3 to give me the best chance (with a bit of luck thrown in).
Im not entirely sure in that case that there is a law??

x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts