Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my 6th month and was hoping to have had a BFP in the last 6 months.

Whats next? do I carry on with the clomid?

I am ovulating and hubby's count is normal. I have not had a hsg or anything else and I spoke to a private climic and they suggested a clomid free month and then have private IUI.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From what i've read on this site and tryingtoconceive.com (simular but American) most Doctors won't prescribe it for more that 12 cycles (most for 6 cycles)Due to RISK of possible ovarian cancer later on. I took it for 3 cycles back in 2002,had a month break due to having an HSG,fell pregnant in break month,only to m/c at 5-6 weeks. When that was over i took another cycle of 100mg clomid and fell pregnant the same month with my ds who will be 2 in December.
Also my consultant told me that if you take clomid for 6 months it stays in your system for a further 6 months..... Good Luck in your efforts and keep me posted x :) :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been told I can take it for a maximum of 12 cycles - even though I am high risk of ovarian cancer (my Mum had it when she was 32). My consultant said that the risk of ovarian cancer was equally as high if a woman does not have any children, as it is if you take clomid - so the risks balance themselves out.

Hope this helps a bit.

x

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi cas

i was on clomid about 3year ago they only aloud me to have 6 months then they put me onto metformin which you can stay on them for good if need to be  i hope this helps you

love Maddi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.