Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ... I'm wondering if someone could please advise me. 

I'm scheduled for IVF at the end of July in the CZ Republic and I'm using donor ^sperm^  from a US sperm bank and was wondering how many vials I should order.

Would one vial ^sperm^ do the job or would you advise ordering two ^sperm^ ^sperm^ (just in case)?

Thanks in advance

dcon
xx

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi,

I would advise asking the clinic first - people here can only give personal opinion and you really need to talk to the clinic performing the DE initially plus the agency providing the sperm - this is really important as the embryology lab. at Reprofit are the ones who decide how much sperm is required.   Depends on factors like volume, motility etc. which is info. you should be given by the donor sperm agency.

I personally would order 2 as you need to be sure you have enough and you also may not be successful first time.  Again, this needs to be checked with the relevant people at your clinic/DS agency.

I would also check with Reprofit what kind of prepared sperm they prefer - there are different methods for preparing sperm for ICSI/IVF e.g. vs IUI/ICI and you need to make sure the clinic you are ordering from knows which procedure you are having.

You could also have a look on your DS agency's website for more info. about what kind and how much sperm to order.

Best,

Daisy
x

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in case anyone is out there and is interested in the response I got from my clinic (Reprofit, CZ Republic)  :)

I was told one or two vials (my choice) would be sufficient and to answer Daisy's question I was told by my previous clinic (SIRM, USA) that vials marked for ICI or IUI are OK for IVF ... they just preferred IVF "unwashed and less expensive for the patient".

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi dcon,

Glad you have an answer!!

Sending you best wishes and wishing you every success v. v. soon.

Kind regards,

Daisy
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts