178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Started ICSi 25/8
E/C was 27/09
E/T was 30/09
TESTED BFP 14/10

How many weeks pregnant am I??
Just been on one website (babycentre.com) put my conception date in as the 30th and they say 'you are 6 weeks pregnant' thats not possible?
Confused.
::)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi there Lolly

First of all Congrats on your BFP. I am not a nurse but when I was pg through IVF i was told that your pregnancy is counted from2 weeks before Egg Collection. (for a natural pg this is the time of ovulation which generally occurs 14 days after the beginning of your last period and all pgs are calculated from the first day of last af). So from my calcs you are 5 weeks and 2 days pg. So you are in your 6th week.

Be careful when reading some things as they refer to pg since implanation which is 2 weeks shorter but mostly it is as above.

Hope this helps
Megan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi again

Aussie Meg is right. They calculate your EDD 2 weeks before EC.

Fiona

·
Registered
174 Posts
hello anyone i need some advice not due to test untill next thursday only six days post embryo transfer, i did a test today which was negative!!! does this mean this is the end of the road or would it just not show up yet????

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
6 days is too early emma. I tested 10dpt and it was positive, but everyone has told me how lucky i am as even this was too early really.

I know the waiting is hard, but wait at least 4 more days before you tet again.

Lots of luck,

L xx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Emma Jayne...you may not have even implanted yet. Some women take up to 9 days after ET to implant. So naughty girl for wasting your peestick. I know it is soooo hard though. Tequila you are very lucky as yes yours was too early. Emma Jayne usually everyone doesn't believe it then and then you start testing and testing and testing and get addicted and get confused as sometimes different brands of tests provide different results.

Hth
Megan

·
Registered
371 Posts
OOPs pushed reply before I said a big Good Luck to you

·
Registered
58 Posts
I understand that when natural conception occurs the date of last bleed is used to calculate the edd, however the calculation  is based on 42 weeks allowing for an average ovulation happening 14 days following the bleed. My clinic gave me my edd as 26th July 2005 this being exactly 40 weeks from conception/egg fertilisation which was on 19th October 2004, ie, date of egg collection. The way i see it is that i could not possibly be more than 3 weeks & 5 days pregnant because the sperm wasn't mixed with the eggs until the 19th October.

Angie

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
My understanding is that the calculation is done based on 40 weeks. 

So basically Week 1 and Week 2 of your pregnancy you are not pregnant for.  Wierd I know but is all done based on the date of LMP (Last Menstrual Period).  For IVF/ICSI basically your LMP is 2 weeks before ec or et dependant on your clinic.  In any case due dates are inaccurate even if you are 100% sure of conception dates as babies tend to arrive in their time and not to the medical schedule.  Most arrive between 37 and 42 weeks gestation.

Just for your reference I will give my timescales from my ICSI cycle

Calculated LMP = 03/3
EC                  =15/3
ET                  =17/3
TEST DATE      =31/3    4 weeks pg
EDD                =08/12  40 weeks pg

Hope that helps

Clare

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Angie - I'd say you were 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  I know it's odd, but pregnancy is calculated for 40 weeks (even though full term is considered to be between 38 and 42 weeks) and during an unassisted conception you would be 2 weeks pg before egg and sperm ever meet!  So by the time you do a pg test, ie. 28 days after the first day of your last period, you would already be 4 weeks pg!  Even though you had IVF, you would still be at least 4 weeks pg by the time you test  :)  (although of course you wouldn't have been pg for all of those 4 weeks). 

Hope that makes sense  :) 

Love

Jayne x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.