Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having period like pains since before my BFP, I'm 5 weeks today, I have pains in my actual belly/ uterous and back ache.  It can be pretty painful like just before AF, not to the point I need to take anything for the pain though. Is this ok?  I've had a little bit of dry blood when I wipe each morning too.  To start with I thought it was implantion lleft overs but now its geting slightly worse so can't be that.

When you look on the internet it says to get medical attention is you ave pain and bleeding, but not sure if what I have is actually bleeding or not??

Worried and confused me. XX

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi
I'm no doctor but I wouldn't worry too much unless the bleeding gets worse. Cramping and pulling pains are quite normal as everything shifts around to make way for the little one(s)...if the pain makes you double over I would ask for help - - I had a proper red bleed at week five and six which lasted a good few hours..I phoned my clinic and they told me it happens in around 20% of pregnancies. They also gave me an extra scan which showed id lost a tiny bit of my lining, but not enough to create a problem. If you're really worried, phone your clinic but I think at this stage you should try not to worry too much...for what it's worth the worry doesn't ever seem to stop though..i/m  9+3 and every morning i analyse my symptoms and send myself  ^idiot^

If youve been on aspirin or steroids for this tx that can also cause bleeding as it thins the blood i believe..

Good luck and try to keep smiling  :) ^hugme^
alice x

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alice! 

Yes Im on asprin and clexane which both thin the blood.  Maybe thats what it is.  Its more like bits of a scab when I wipe not really fresh blood.  I'm just so worried, its taken so long to get this far scared its all gonna be whipped away!

Well done on getting to 9 weeks!  And I'm quite sure your right, I think there will probably always be something to be worrying about.

^hugme^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I've had cramping all the way through pg.  Still get it.  Doc and mw both said it was all the stretching and growing going on down there and almost everyone gets it.  However, if you want to get checked out worth ringing your clinic or early pregnancy unit.

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Laura - It's most likely to be your uterus stretching.  Your embie(s) are nicely bedding down & sometimes they could nick a blood vessel causing a bit of blood.

Also it could be the leftover embie(s) that didn't make it so have either re-absorb into your body to come down via gravity.

Remember brown blood is old blood.  It's easier said than done, but try not to worry.  ^hugme^

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi laurab, I'm worried too. Had a red bleed last night, didnt last long but passed a clot too.
Its brown on wiping today.
I rang docs (out hours) who said to ring my gp tomorrow for appnt.
So I'll try get appointment, its terrible at my surgery I had to queue outside at 0800 to get my last appointment.  Im going to ask for a scan.  Im 5w5d.
Ive read a lot on ff and understand is quite common but it could go either way and Im worried.
I also had af type pains this pm.
Lets hope everything will be ok ^pray^

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its so hard not to worry as people say its normal but then you look at signs of m/c and it says cramping!  ^idiot^

I know I just need to wait and see but its so hard.

Kitty - Good luck at the Dr's tomorrow.  ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Cramping is a word which has so many intepretaions - there's cramping, a pulling/stretchy cramp & then there's 'cramping'!!!

Remember you're PUPO  ^hugme^

Ron
x

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know one website says cramping is normal, others say go to Dr's if you have cramping! ^idiot^

XXXX

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi laura

Being pregnant can be very worrying ^hugme^ everything that is going on is so new and its hard to know if its ok or not, what I would say is if you are worried definately go to the doctors and make sure all is ok

I am sure everything will be fine but always best to get checked and also get some reasureance

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
It's all a bit confusing isn't it!  I've only just had my BFP but I was on a very high dosage of Clexane. steroids & baby aspirin - I'm now on a normal Clexane dosage, steroids, oestrogen and will stop the aspirin tomorrow as I've been bleeding/cramping today.

Had really bad lower back ache & mostly brown old blood but a bit of red too (sorry - tmi!) - I was told by the Dr. that I would almost certainly bleed due to the Clexane - so trying not to take much notice!

Good luck!

Jess xxx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kitty - how did it go at the doc's? ^reiki^

Jess  - i'm on clexane and aspirin until week 12! :eek:

Thanks everyone else.  :-*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts