Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm deliberating where to go for next IVF.  Could you please tell me how much your treatment was at ARGC and what you spent your money on.  I'm just trying to get an idea of how much financially I could be looking at.  Many thanks to all you lovely helpful ladies.  Jo xxx :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hi there

I can't answer you fully as I'm not that far through the process but it really does depend on what you need. If you end up needing IVIG and things then it can be very expensive but if that's going to be what it takes to get your dream then it's better than throwing away money elsewhere where it might be cheaper but you are less likely for it to work!

So far I've had  my consultation and the monitored cycle. My immune tests came back with a problem so I am now on Humira before we can tx and I have spent a grand total of £2249.74
this includes the travel to and from London which has come to £138.90. Drugs (Humira) £807.84 (for just 2 injections!  :eek: ). Blood tests £993
Scan £993 and initial consultation £200

So it's not going to be cheap but having looked at their prices they are actually cheaper than my previous clinic it just adds up to more as they keep a closer eye on you and do so much more! They haven't put their prices up since 2005 apparently!

Talking to other girls they often seem to spend at least £10000  per go and some if they have to have everything and extra scans when it has worked come out closer to £20000. Here's hoping that you don't need it all and that it works first go! (sadly for me it looks like I'm going to need the works as I need the Humira now and they say will probably need IVIG too!  :mad: )

GOod luck
Minow x

G

·
Hiya - about 8-9K for my second go there.....max dose stims and IVIG etc - 11 days of stimms - bloods etc + train fares on top ;)

HTH

xxx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Too much  ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mine was around £20k but i had probs before  ::) ie i needed to pay for a lap to remove tube with hydro, i also needed two lots of different immunes tx's and all pregnancy scans you have to pay for  ;)

Worth every penny i would say  :-* and the Mr T and all the guys there are great  :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Emma/Emmett

Congratulations on your twins! May I ask about the cost of your pregnancy scans please. Are you tied in to having these with ARGC? Do you have to sign a contract to say so? What happens if you move away and cannot get to London?

Many thanks,

Loui

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thanks so much, this is just what I needed to know!!!  The ARGC does seem to be the best to go doesn't it.  Jo xxx :)

G

·
If your issues are not FSH-related then I would say they are v good - if they are, then The Lister is a better choice for sure ;)

xxx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
The pregnancy scans at ARGC are £110 from what i can remember and are over very quickly  ::) you dont get pictures either but i didnt mind at first as they made me feel at ease  :-*  You can go for your scans anywhere, but i think the ARGC like to scan you for the 6wk scan  :) i went to the birthing co in harley st as it was a tummy scan and was much longer and detailed  ::) we even got to listen to their heartbeats and got lots of pics  :-*

Good luck

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
£12,791.84  ^scared^ - I could email a spreadsheet of costs if you wanted to see things in more detail.
This does include 2 rounds of IVIG, ICSI, taking the embies to blastocyst etc.
I was on a lot of meds.

TTFN
x

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i'm doing a spreadsheet too!  ::)

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I like a nice spreadsheet  ^Nod^  :-[

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Lukey said:
I have a beautiful one for my previous txs but it does not include money :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Meds and doses?

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Lukey said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeees sireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and sperm info :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ;) ;) ;)
Nooooo, I was wondering what you had on your spreadsheet.
Mind you, I do have my meds and doses on the TCOYF database :-[
Day 1 was 300iu of Merional - I wonder if I get that today :)

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Lukey said:
I must admit it is more colourful than Missoni ::) ::) ::) .....rather than being a piece of IT wizadry ::) ;) ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Trust you two to hijack a thread!  ;D ;)

£12,420.49 ^scared^ and yes I am as bad as you two for spreadsheets.

That was IVF, with immune bloods, repeat immune bloods, blood tests, scans, hysteroscopy, Merional, Clexane, Thyroxine, Dexamethasone, Gestone  ^shake^, aspirin, travel, accommodation, blast transfer & storage. 

1 - 20 of 45 Posts