Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if everyone had a full tank of fuel like me  :-[ I know we've all been warned not to panic buy but as soon as someone says that you panic....

You've got to think of number one at the end of the day have'nt you???

However my sis was running about mad yesterday on under quarter of a tank not worried in the slightest, reccons the world wont end because we don't have fuel. lmao 

how different we both are.

So come on am I the only one willing to admit it  ;D

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Bu**er all......it beeped at me today ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just about on the red here  ;D

x

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done ladies wish I was as brave as you  :p.

Just like to add I live in a village with no shops so I can't get a slice of bread or milk without driving to the shops. 

Oh dear am I the only one!!!

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Erm.....i filled up  :-[  ;D even tho i dont really drive anywhere at the mo  ;D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I was totally oblivious to what was going on in the news and couldn't work out why, when I went to get petrol from Sainsbury's yesterday in the middle of the day, the queue for petrol was so enormous  ;D ;D Probably good that I filled up though as I'm 38 weeks pregnant and getting to hospital could have been interesting as I was on the red  :eek: :eek: :eek:
Mia

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
We put in extra -only £10 though.  The queues were horrendous but it was the heapest around here.

I have also been stocking up on flour, pasta and rice.  Lucky really because Asda are limiting the amount of rice you can buy in some shops :(

T xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
We filled up today but only because we were at the supermarket anyway and it was cheaper than the garage near our house...  No idea how much fuel DH has in his car but I don't care - as long as my car has fuel to get  to the FF meet next week  ;D  ;D  What's all this with pasta and rice - am I missing something there?  ^idiot^  ???

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think all the panic buying is pathetic!! They are going nuts round here-queuing for ages,filling the cars and also petrol cans!! I was like Get a grip people!! ^idiot^ There is only a problem because the panic buying is causing one!!!

We filled up today-not because we are panicking but because it was flashing on one. And we only put our usual tenner a week in!!

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
no queues in North London I only filled up cos I was on E
L x

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Haven't noticed any queues round here at all, I've got 3/4 of a tank in my Mini cos I fill it up to full when its empty and then I hardly go anywhere in it! ;D  Dh's Freelander is running on fumes and he doesn't seem worried! ;D

Axxx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
?JJ1? said:
no queues in North London I only filled up cos I was on E
L x
Am I the only one who read that and thought of JJ1 with huge pupils and gurning jaw and :) rave music playing in the car as she filled up? ^idiot^ Sorry, my mind!

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
superstar84 said:
Mands - till he's trying to siphon it out your car or even worse the bikes ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^
No we'll all be safe his Freelander is diesel rest of our vehicles are petrol so he's stuck there! ;D

Axxx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
We filled up both cars but mine was flashing on empty anyway, the queue at Tesco was completely mad! DH filled up his today as I usually use that one to take N to nursery & me to work - the Shell place was empty!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought she was on E the drug too. lmao how funny.  my first thought anyway.

On a positive, re the environment i have filled my car up but been scared to use it. I might even be brave and use a bus this week ha ha.  So the Polar Bears will benefit from this awful strike!!!  :)

I feel so sorry for the haulage companys etc who will loose so much as a result of the fuel going up in cost.  It's just not right.

Donna

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Need to get some, forgot bank card this morning and running on fumes  ;D

xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I was going to ask why we need to panic buy pasta and rice?!?!?

I've got stacks of rice anyway as i buy it in 10Kg sacks from the asian supermarket!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts