Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this site and have just had a failed IVF cycle with immune therapy - which cost far more than I ever imagined it would  - and I'm running out of money.  Since I may be having some frozen embryo transfers in a few months time (with embryos created when i was quite a lot younger) I'm trying to get some idea of the maximum and minimum possible costs of immune therapy during pregnancy.  Please can anyone help?

For example, which Chicago blood tests (i.e. the fiercely expensive ones) did you have during pregnancy, and how many of each in total before your baby was born?

Also, for example, how many times in total did you have to have IVIg (and how much did each one cost - since there are different doses); how many times did you have to have intralipid;  and how many times did you have to have LIT, before your baby was born?

I was also wondering how many scans you had to have done privately because of the immune issues?

If there are other substantial costs that I haven't thought about, or lots of little things that cost quite a lot when they're all added up, please could you let me know?

The frozen embryos are my last chance so I don't want to cut any corners.  I want to give them the best chance that I possibly can.

If anyone could help me with this question I'd be so enormously grateful.

I've got highly elevated TNF alpha : IL 10 ratios (for which I had 4 injections of humira and 2 intralipids because of immune flares caused by the humira).  With regards to natural killer cells I originally only had abnormal levels of CD19+ and CD5+ cells, but after the humira I had raised numbers of CD56 cells as well.  I've also had LIT twice, 4 weeks apart.

One other thing I was wondering was whether anyone's G.P. has prescribed any of the drugs for them on the NHS?

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for trying to help.

Wishing you lots of luck with your endeavours,

MillyMollyM

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, MillyMollyM!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment.

I haven't been diagnosed as having immune problems (marked down as unexplained) so I can't offer personal experiences, but I can point you in the direction of areas of the site that may be useful.

FET - CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology - CLICK HERE I am sure the lovely ladies there will be able to answer your questions and offer advice.

Here are some other links which you might find really useful ……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) -CLICK HERE. This will help you navigate this site.

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

When you undergo treatment it might be useful for you to find some cycle buddies, people undergoing treatment at exactly the same time as you -CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look at our main forum index you can find location boards. You can find people in your local area, you might even find people at the same clinic.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.