Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Just joined today after snooping around for a while!  :) I've never joined a forum before so it's a little bit scary....

DH has azoospermia due to CBAVD (missing vas) had testicular biopsy a few years ago with occasion sperm and Johnsens score of 8. Due to the CBAVD we know we need IVF with ICSI and SSR.  DH is having a test SSR on 19 May so fingers crossed they find something! Once we know the results of that, I can decide when to start my injections. So, things are moving .....!

I was a little worried about my day 3 hormone results as you keep thinking 'what if my ovaries decide to pack up next week???'

My FSH levels are 6.2IU/L, LH 2.5 IU/L, Oestradiol 197 pmol/L, AMH 12.7 pmol (my clinic are using a scale that placed this in the normal range) and my Antral Follical Count was 9.  Do these results seem normal for a 36 year old?

Oh well .... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Welcome to FF, Vissa! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship. It helped me a great deal throughout my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help.

Please try not to worry about your day 3 results....like you say they fall in the normal range which is really good.

Here are some links I think you may find helpful

Fertility Information Guides

CLICK HERE

Male Factors in Infertility

CLICK HERE

ICSI

CLICK HERE

You may want to start a diary of your fertility journey

CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi".
CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site
CLICK HERE

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support and information.

Pinkcat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts