Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how fast broids can grow? now got symptoms (poss of endo) and my scan was 9 wks ago....

Ta.  Jo x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Not sure how quickly they grow, but left unevicted, they can grow to a very big size.  Plus of course they grow much quicker with pregnancy.

Sheila

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im guessing me having been pg has possibly caused them then???  :-\

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Sadly there is no known cause for these little buggers jocole.

These sods seem to hit women of all ages, all backgrounds and all personal circumstances.....
they are just all gits and must be exterminated
All the best
Sheila

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Jo

I don't think you'll get any consultant to give a definitive answer on that one - I certainly tried and got a number of very vague responses!  I'm not sure anyone knows.  I have heard  that they do grow more in pregnancy so suggested to my consultant that mine may have grown further after my m/c but he said that there was no way of knowing.  I kind of think it must have been a contributing factor though as when I had  the m/c two years ago the consultants/ nurses etc shrugged off the fibroids so I assume they must have been much smaller then.  When I had an internal this time round the first thing he pointed out was the fibroids and it does seem odd that I did manage to get pregnant once before and then nothing for 2 years....

So - that is a very round about way of saying that it could well be that yours has grown with your pregnancy....!

Minni x

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

i went to see my GP on Friday and asked if they could have mistaken a cyst for a fibroid and she said no, they can def tell the difference. Anyway, ive been referred back to my gynae now....

Jo x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts