Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?:

I've been ttc for 2yrs and got BFP last month which was complete shock. I miscarried at 5wks +6 - I had been spotting prior to finding out I'd conceived and all throughout, and my hormone levels were dropping each day.

I then bled what I assume to be a 'late period' for about a week, and I am keen to start trying right away so do I take the miscarriage as a late period and work out my dates from there?

And I use a ovulation monitor to track my days accurately, but last month, as I was pregnant, I didn't reset it on day one of my period and had gone up to 46+ days when I finally reset it. To be on the safe side, this month I am using both the monitor, and regular 'daily sticks' and yesterday I had an LH surge on my daily sticks, but my monitor still says high, not PEAK which I need it to be to know I am ovulating.

So I tried again today, and now neither stick says I am surging...

Is it possible for one to pick up and not the other? Or should I wait until my monitor says I am peaking?

I am totally confused... xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Chickchick. I hope you don't mind I have moved this from intros to Peer support where I think you will get a better chance of response.

Sorry you had an early m/c last month ^hugme^
To be honest I don't really know the answer to your query. I would assume your cycles will now start from when you last bled so you'd count that as day one but I know from experience that after a m/c it can be a bit mucked up. I presume you have had a negative pregagncy test since you m/c too? If not it may well be worth doing one anyway to ensure all the HCG is definitely out your system and the m/c complete as this can affect the results on an ovulation test.
Your monitor may take a few months to recalibrate to your own body now and they do rely on both the info on the pee stick and their own worked out computations of your cycle based on previous history - hence why the longer you use them the more accurate they become). If you are using a good branded make of manual ovulation test then it's probably more reliable than your electronic one right now but, if you are using cheap internet bought tests then they can be rather erratic in whether they pick up an LH or not.
If neither are saying a surge yet, try testing again tomorrow and see what happens - you hormones might still be a bit out of whack from the ,/c which might be why you are getting mixed results.
I think you may have to accept that this month may be a bit of a dud in terms of BMS and wait for your next AF and start again. Sorry I know that's probably not the answer you want but please do keep testing until you are sure your surge is well and truely been and gone and, hey, still have a bit of BMS anyway as you never know!

Good luck!

C~x

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi Chickchick!

Looked you up (we've pm-ed) to see how you're doing and was sorry to hear your sad news.  Snap on my side, too...

I'll just give you the benefit of my own opinion based on my recent experience.  I don't think you can expect any "normal" or predictable readings from your body in the mere weeks following your m/c.  My first AF after my m/c arrived 32 days after the first day of my m/c and it was an utterly abnormal one: painful, proctracted, incredibly heavy, with clots and Lord knows what all else coming out. I was still getting "old" blood coming down for about 2 weeks after the worst of the AF.  Now, the fact is that "everything" was expelled during my m/c: embryo, sac, womb lining, etc. because I had a scan a week after the m/c.  But my weird subsequent AF convinces me that you don't really get back to normal until you've got at least one AF under your belt.

Why don't you just let the planning go this month and start again with your next AF?  Doesn't stop you having some comforting BMS in the meantime, but I think you'll just be confused by your body's messages until then.

Very best of luck next time, my dear!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts