Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I finished my 1st NHS cycle with no frosties (we only got one 3 cell embryo) and got a BFN on December 17th.  Sorry if this is TMI but I had already started spotting 6 days before official test date but after stopping pessaries i had full blown AF - at least this is what I think it was.  :-[.  It lasted for about 10 days altogether which is longer than usual for me.

DH and i want to start another cycle through private clinic now and want to know when we can start again - I want it be as soon as possible obviously although i do have some pounds to shift having eaten and drunk too much over Xmas!  Do i have to wait for next AF before I can start?

Chocolatebutton x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I had next af then started on the following cycle- so you've had your full blown AF so  could start day one  of the next cycle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Chocolatebutton

I discovered through HPT that first ivf attempt (through NHS) was a failure on 12th December.  I am exactly the same - just want to start the next cycle as soon as possible.  Was told by my clinic that I should wait 3 months but at my age I can't afford to wait!!  Had to be quite pushy and insist that I start as soon as possible,  so was told that I have to have 2 AFs before I can start next cycle.  Had 1st AF after stopping pessaries so am now waiting for next AF to start in next 10 days or so.  Once that arrives next cycle can start.  No frozen embies either so have to do the whole process all over again!!  At  least I know what to expect this time!

Lots of luck to you for your next attempt.

Kernow 11
x

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi everyone, I had my BFN from my first IVF on 3 Dec,  :'(  (no frosties) and then had my next AF on 29 Dec.

I was able to start my next IVF cycle on the 30th Dec - Im on the short protocol, so I dont know if that makes a difference!

I really didnt want to wait, especially given my age, so Im happy (?) to be back on the rollercoaster

Good luck to you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all, I got my AF on the 20th Nov (after my 1st IVF). 

I was then told I had to wait for a natural period to come before I could start my next IVF cycle.  So due to start D/regging on the 12th Jan.  I was told this would help minimise my chances of OHSS by giving my body a chance to recover from all the drugs before being pumped full on the next set!

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting for normal AF to arrive (not counted the one immediately following treatment as that happened during 2ww anyway) and it's now been 5 weeks with no show.

Yes have done HPT just to make sure but BFN.  How long does it take for AF to resume? 

Chocolate Button x

·
Registered
93 Posts
The IVF definitely mucks up the length of your cycle.  It took 5 weeks for my AF to arrive after my 1st cycle.  So maybe yours is just around the corner. 

Hope it arrives soon. xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.