Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my blood test on wednesday to check my progesterone levels. This test is on the NHS, when should i expect to have my results back? the nurse did not say. Also what sort of levels should i be looking for as a positive?  ^pray^ ^pray^
Thank you xxx

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi - I'm probably the last person who should eb responding to your query as, after 18 months of treatment, I only heard that this test existed recently from my new GP!! Still can;t quite believe my treating clinic never mentioned it!!

Anyway, my lovely new GP sent me to the local hosp and I had to wait about 10 working days.... they may have come back a bit sooner but I didn't get an appt til then - I think  ::) that anything over 30 indicates ovulation has occurred. But you could do a search on here of 'day 21 progesterone' and see what else comes up. (Mine was 41.5 and said underneath it indicated it had occurred.)

Hope that helps, you could give the blood test clinic a ring to ask what their test results times are??

Best Wishes,
Anne x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Your progesterone blood test should only take a few days to come through, 3-4 days maximum I would've thought....I know whenever I've had done on NHS they're pretty quick as it's a fairly standard blood test.

They look for a level of 30 nmol/l or over to indicate ovulation has happened.  Progesterone can't be used as an indication of pregnancy....only HCG blood test can show this.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.