Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very interesting website that I thought I should share with you all. It has lots of information from different studies related to Male Factor/Azoospermia

Microdissection testicular sperm extraction: effect of prior biopsy on success of sperm retrieval.
http://www.level1diet.com/research/s/0/q/testicular%20sperm

Generally speaking previous SSR attempts can't be used as a predictive factor for success in subsequent Microdissection TESE approaches particularly in cases of Maturation Arrest and Hypospermatogenesis. However if you have been diagnosed SCO Sertoli Cell only then you have a lower rate of success.

So in summary those considering a repeat SSR should consider what they have been diagonosed with. SCO has lowest success rate (around 20% chance), Maturation arrest has second lowest success rate at around (50% chance) and Hypospermatogenesis is at around (70%).

Is there any inspirational stories of anybody who had failed SSR and then went onto have a repeat SSR which was successful?

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi there,

My DH had 2 SSR operation and the second one was much better than the first. More sperm and better quality

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
My DH is Sertoli Cell Only and his first TESE failed but the second was successful and a few viable sperm were found. That said, the third time failed and we have now given up. DH says there is no way he's being chopped again!!

Lou x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts