Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya Tweetie,

I have been checking my cervix for a few years now, so I'll try and help you.  ;)

Usually, after I have ovulated, my cervix goes very low, (you don't have to 'dig' around to find it!) hard, and open.    Personally, my cervix never really 'closes' completley.
If you have had a vaginal birth or late miscarriage, your cervix may never close properley. 
Are you checking your CM alongside this?  I have found that although its helpful to be able to lacte and 'know' my cervix, it dosent give me much of an indication of where my bodys at - apart from being very high and soft at ovulation!

Best of luck, and HTH,
Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Tweetie

I've never tried to locate my cervix, but when I had IUI the nurse told me that my cervix would open a little just after ovulation.  Of course this makes sense, to allow the sperm to get through easily at the right time.  So, I would imagine the cervix stays open a little until the egg would no longer be capable of fertilisation - which I think is about 24-48 hours after ovulation. 

I imagine you just need to get to 'know' your cervix though to discover what is usual for you personally.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jayne x

·
Registered
665 Posts
I can "ditto" Maries post....your cervix should be high & soft at ovulation time.....it should also be slimey  to the touch & your CM should be like an egg white consistancy,stretchy & clear......saying this my body used to confuse me so i started using ovulation predicter tests to be sure.

Good luck Tweetie,
luv
juels xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts