Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first ICSI cycle resulted in a BFN yesterday.

My PCT will only fund one ICSI cycle so we now have to fund any future cycles ourself.

I have no frozen embies for FET from this failed cycle and cannot afford to fund a future cycle.

I am absolutely devasted and cannot stop crying. I can't imagine a future without a family and my heart feels like it is breaking  :'(

The only option left open to me now is to try to persuade my PCT to fund a further two cycles, as per the NICE guidelines. I've found some nice template letters etc. on the Infertility Network website but, after reading a couple of stories of how other people have applied for funding after initial rejection, I'm confused as to what is the best approach.

I'd appreciate any advice as to how I should begin my appeal. Should I approach my GP first? Or go direct to the PCT? Is it worth getting my MP involved at this early stage? I'm just so confused as to who's responsible for funding etc. I really don't know where to start  ^idiot^

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I would go to your Gp as havingyour Gp in support of your pct application appeal is helpful good luck

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JJ1.

I will make an appointment to see my GP today.

·
Registered
859 Posts
April,

I would love to hear if you had any success with this as I am thinking about doing the same thing.

Karen

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karen, just wanted to let you know I've sent a reply to your PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts