Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after a bit of advice really, Oliver is doing fine with weaning and is now on 3 meals a day but is very reluctant to reduce his breastfeeds at all.

At the moment his day is like this:
Waking - BF
Breakfast
Mid morning - BF
Lunch
Mid afternoon - BF
Tea
Bedtime - BF
10.30ish BF

He has just started sleeping through the night :) for the pas few nights so I am not feeding during the night .

I'm just not sure about the mid morning and mid afternoon feeds, I think he should'nt need them and they are almost like little snack feeds rather than proper ones but if I try to cut them out he is really unhappy.

After some advice

Thanks

G

·
..im still in the same boat as you...once you start bf its really difficult to give up unless you go cold turkey...it could also be a comfort thing....

sorry i cant offer no miracle cure...

:-*

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hi,

Well done on the b/f  :)

I would be tempted to keep going as you are. If you stop them he may start waking in the night again. T still fed that frequently at 7months and cut himself back naturally.

You could try increasing his meal quantities and see if that makes a difference.

Sorry not sure if that helps at all  ???

Jacks x

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jacks

You're right I reckon, part of e is getting too hung on what he "should" be doing instead of what he wants to do. I guess at the end of the day it doesnt really matter as long as he is hapy and I am so pleased to have managed to BF for so long this time round (it was a disaster with Harry!).

Think the main probelm is that he tends to puke most of the mid morning and afternoon feeds up so that makes me think he doesnt need them as such and they are just comfort. When I am not there he isnt bothered by missing them - although thats not often ;)

Sx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
The other thing you could try is giving him a snack (fruit, cheese, yogurt or breadsticks etc) and a beaker of water at the time he would normally have a feed.

Well done for feeding still!!

Chux xx

p.s. The only thing you 'should' be doing is what is right for you and Oliver so don't worry!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chux, have been trying the snack thing but he is quite happy to have that as well as a BF ;)

Sx

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hi S,

Sounds like its more a comfort thing then esp if he is being sick. Maybe just keep pushing the snacks and see if he adjusts. T still asks for milk form me in a morn but then quite happily takes a cup. Guess he just expects it.

Just thought ......How about snuggle time instead watching his fav programme etc as a distraction or going out for a walk at his usual snacktimes as its a change of routine.

Like you say though just go with what you are both happy with and it will adjust itself naturally.

Jacks x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts