Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am booked in for a lap and dye test in January. All things being as normal, I am due to get AF around the day of the lap. I asked my consultant (via her secretary) whether it matters and she sent me a message saying I must see my doctor to get something to delay AF. I know that we will have to avoid TTC on the cycle of the lap, but I'm concerned that my doctor will tell me I have to go on the pill for a month or something. I'm really reluctant to take the pill because I've got a feeling that taking the pill was what started most of my problems and I don't want to ruin my chances of conceiving after the lap.

Does anyone know what medications can be used to delay AF? If there are alternatives to the pill I'd love to know before I go to the doctors.

Many Thanks

Bunny
x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
As long as it is started at the right time, then Noresthisterone would do the trick. You just keep taking until after the op, and once done, stop and a bleed will then occur. See whether GP would put you on that.

Ruth

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Bunny Girl,

I had the same problem with my 2nd lap.  GP gave me Norethisterone, as Ruth has suggested, and it worked like a charm!!!  I took the tablets for about a week before I was due until the day after my op.  Only thing with it was that I went from the light bleeding you get after having the lap to my AF, so had to carry on using sanitary towels instead of tampons as you aren't supposed to use tampons so soon after the op.

Good luck.

Love
Claire
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts