Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find somewhere that does a series of Beta HCG quantative tests, so that I can see the HCG levels doubling every two days and thus reassure me that the baby is growing. The reason being I thought I was 6 weeks pregnant but went for a scan and found it was 21mm wide, and thus only 5 weeks old. The nurse said it had either stopped growing a week ago, or our calculation of last period was incorrect (which we know is not the case). It was explained that it is possible the pregnancy may not have happened in the middle of the cycle and thus the 5 weeks could still be correct. I cannot have another scan for 10 days and am besides myself with worry as I bled for one morning and have had a brown discharge every time I urinate. Because of the brown stuff I am afraid to even stand up or walk anywhere and am confined to the bed of sofa 24 hours - only then does the brown stuff go away. I have had two previous miscarriages one of which was a traumatic missed miscarriage. If I could find somewhere to do the HCG test even if I have to pay for it, it would be great. My doctor just refers me to the Early Pregnancy Centre who in turn just advise to rest.  Anyone have any advice ?

Yan

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
you can go to your docs and get them todo one for you

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I got three done by my local hospital after bowling in to A&E and telling them I had had bleeding. Try A&E. They even did one on a Sunday, so go tonight and see how you get on.

xx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
It must depend on the A&E and what staff are on! But we already know that - medics can vary in their attitudes so wildly.

My A&E were absolutely lovely - couldn't fault them. However, my EPAU wasn't so obliging...

I hate hearing about what dumb fecks say to people going through genuine agony - how bloody dare they! They get paid to do a job for which compassion should be a prerequisite - and yet they treat people like that.  ^bigbad^

Did you complain about your treatment at A&E, Sades?

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Too right - weird how some can get it so right and others so wrong.
x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts