Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

Today has been really tough on DH and myself. Did a home pregancy test (first responce) this morning and was gutted that the result was negative. Could it still turn into a positive or is this just whishful thinking? i have a blood test on Thursday but now I really don't know what to think.

As this is my first IVF cycle I am still trying to come to terms with everything. Do you know roughly what the waiting period is before I can have my two other frozen embryos transferred? DH and I are really desperate to do this asap. Thanks again.
:( :( :(

Sasha B

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Sasha ... don't give up till the  ^witch^ sings.

Love Karen x

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dear Sascha
So sorry to hear your news but as we say here, there is still a chance .... good luck to you.
Our first go at IVF didn't work out and I had to wait one full cycle before doing FET. It gives your body a chance to get rid of all those extra hormones.

Hope that helped
Choccolatti

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Dear Sasha,

I just want to wish u good luck!! and stay positive till the end!!

Love  ^hugme^
Stella

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Sasha,
I'm in exactly the same position today as you were and feeling just as gloomy. (-ve on 13dpt) I have been hoping your negative DID change to a positive as that would have been fantastic news. Let us know how you got on?

I have read over and over of tests being done early and coming up positive but I have failed to find any reports of a last minute change from negative to positive. Does it ever, actually happen?! I'm probably clutching at straws as I have no symptoms whatsoever and am resigned to failure this time....

Good luck Sasha whatever happened.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello,

I have heard of many clinics not recommending testing until day 16, which can give us all a bit of hope I think.  Also, from personal experience.  When I fell pregnant with my dd (six years ago now, I did numerous tests when AF failed to arrive and never once had a positive test.  I finally had it confirmed with a blood test. 

The instructions on the tests say wait another 48 hours and if still no AF, test again. I tested today (day 13) and got the faintest pink line possible, so I am planning to wait until Saturday and test again.

^fairydust^ for all of us! Bex  x

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone,

No change in my results. Had the official blood test yesterday and did another HPT today (day 16). Still negative. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Hope it does work out for everyone else. DH and I will keep trying.

Sasha B.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Mine due yesterday or 2day- feel it is on the way -depressed already!!

think will try one more go and thats all. Not intending to go on to ivf

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear your news

^hugme^

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone,

Got the confirmation today, its a BFN.  :'( It just wasn't meant to be this time round. We are now looking at starting treatment in a few months using our frozen embryos. Thanks for all your support in getting through this 2ww and I wish everybody the best for their test dates.

Sasha B.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi Sasha,

Sorry to hear your news :'(

Dont give up and keep trying!!

Best wishes for the future ^hugme^

Stella

1 - 11 of 11 Posts