Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ive just gotten my BFP today - (1 day early following ICSI)Ive just called clinic who said they did not need to do bloods to check levels as the HPT ( CB digital) are what they would use. Do you think i should contact GP to get some bloods done to see iv levels are rising ?????? OR should i rely on the cb preg tests????

Daisy xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Daisy

^congrats^ I don't think you need to get the bloods done unless you have some symptoms which are causing you to worry all isn't well.

My clinic doesn't do bloods either, so I wouldn't worry, it's quite normal.  Just get on with enjoying your new Pregnant Status!! ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Axxxxxx

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay !!! Thank you xxx

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Daisy

I had IUI and got a BFP on an HPT.  My clinic did not offer a blood test...they were happy with a +HPT.  MY GP was also happy with an HPT and did not offer a blood test.

You could see if your GP will do a blood test for you if it will put your mind at rest.  Has your clinic offered you a scan?  I had to wait until I was 7 weeks for one and the wait for that was much worse than the 2ww!

Anyway not sure if it reassures you but if you are worried see your GP...it can't hurt.

Good luck & congratulations

Amanda

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi Daisy

My clinic also doesn't offer blood tests when I asked my fertility nurse at my previous clinic she told me not to bother cos I would only worry and compare the levels with someone elses v true  ;D

Good Luck with your scan  ^reiki^ Amanda is right it is worse waiting for the scan than the 2ww ;D

Jools x

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi Daisy my cliniv also dont do bloods and neither does my GP (cause I asked  :)). The reason is they say they would need to keep checking them every 2-3 days to make sure they were doubling and a positive HPT is as acurate.

Congratulations and enjoy  ;D

whippet x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
same for me i wanted bloods done as i was convinced it would be twins so i wanted to see how high the level was and didn't want to wait til scan at 7 weeks but they wouldn't do them.  ANyways when the scan arrived it turns out i was right  ;) congrats on the BFP hun  ^hugme^

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,
On a personal level, I was told to come in for blood as I got a BFP on day 15 not day 14 and the nurse said that it was unusual so I had better come in.  My result was very low and I had an agonising 2 day wait for the next test and then an agonising days wait for results.  Thank goodness they had almost doubled but it still may not be looking too good for us.  However, a friend of ours who is now 5 months pregnant with a very health baby, 2 tests told her that she was'nt.  She had to have a blood test to tell her she was, so surely her HCG level must have been lower than mine for it not to show up ?  So, reading between all this drivel,  I would leave it until you get your scan.  I feel that I have had a lot of terrible worry that I would'nt have had if I had of just waited for my scan.  At the end of it, a BFP is a BFP !!!  Be pleased with yourselves, a miracle had happened.  Good Luck with the next 8 months !!
BG

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Some clinics just rely purely on the pregnancy tests whilst others to blood tests as well.

If you want some reassurance then you should be able to contact your GP and ask them to do some blood tests for you.

x x x x x

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought i would update up all, i called by clinic who were most un-helpful :mad: so i called into my GP who was so lovely and wanted to be a positive as she could  ^reiki^. She also said that they dont normally do bloods for pregnancy but under the circumstances she would. Had some taken this morning and they are due back later this afternoon, then another set of bloods fri morning and then again on monday ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^.

Even though they are not back yet i feel so much better knowing someone it really trying to help me !!!!

Laying in bed at mo resting but im still bleeding

thanks for your replies - daisy xx

PS will update with the results later xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Daisy

So glad you have got some help from your GP.

^fingerscrossed^ its all OK

x x xx

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Scooby x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Fingers crossed Dairy-May!

karen x