Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to have an HSG in a couple of weeks and wondered if they give you the results straight away?
Thanks for any help,
Jo x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Hi Jo

I watched the dye flow through my tubes so Id say it is pretty obvious.
Say to them that you'd like to watch the screen then you will be able to see for yourself  :)

Good Luck

Love Lou xxxx

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Hi Jo,

I can only tell you what my experience was like Jo.

I had a HSG done in November at the Freeman hospital in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I went for my HSG not knowing what to expect as it was just a 1st step in diagnosis.  A nurse was there and held my hand through the entire procedure but my (DH) was asked to stay in the waiting room. :-\

I asked before they started how long it would take to get the results, and the nurse said "we don't usually give the results, but I'll see what we can do..."

When they were finished, the technician asked the nurse to come over and have a word with him, and I could sense that something wasn't right. :(

He was basically asking her if he should tell me and my DH
that my tubes were blocked or if he should wait an let the fertility clinic tell me (which would have been 3 months away until my next appointment).  

Luckily, they called my hubby in and told us both there and then, and the nurse gave me some counsellings.  

At the time I was in complete shock and couldn't quite take it in.

But now things are better as at least there is a reason for our infertility and we can go forward with IVF. ^rainbow^

I have a feeling that they told us because they thought we would be able to cope, (as I was calm during the procedure despite being frightened to death!).

I hope this is helpfull and that the HSG turns out the way you are hoping it too.

In some ways for us it is a relief that my tubes are blocked, we've gone straight on the IVF NHS waiting list, and can take the burden off of our shoulders that were not "trying hard enough" - and all the other insensitive things people say when trying to give advice on conception.

Sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers that everything turns for the best.

^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^  

Gen xOxOxO

P.S just saw the last post, the nurse was deliberately blocking my view of the screen, but please don't be worried about the HSG - honest please don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Jo

Like Lou I watched the screen as well, the nurse was wonderful to talked me through everything.  Once it was over the doctors told me I had no problems with my tubes, fingers crossed for you.
Don't worry about the HSG, it is nothing to worry about, I promise.

Good luck
Love Shaz xxx ;)

G

·
hi there

i had my hsg in nov 04 and i watched the whole thing on screen.  the nurse was great and when i broke down after they said my tubes were blocked they were great and would not let me go untill i had calmed down and felt better.

hope that helps

love charlotte

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi, just wanted to say that I found the HSG  painful, and they never told me my results on the day

I was really worried because it hurt and I presumed it meant bad news, but when i got my results my tubes are clear

I have read that some people take a paracetamol before

Hope everything goes ok for you, good luck 

wendyxx  ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi
i had a hsg done about 2 years ago i also found this very uncomfortable i was also aloud to watch the dye flow through  on the screen when it was finished i asked if everything was OK they said i cant give me the results but the one nurse come up to me a said don't worry about anything so i presumed everything was OK and it was
                                      good look and don't worry
                                              baby wisper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.