Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday at 12.15! Arrggggggg!  :-[ So not looking forward to this..I know it will be good to check it all out but scared about the pain etc! Dh is coming with me, not sure if he can come in or not. Don't know if I could cope with a "Husband down" episode!! He he he  ;D

xxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Kerry - you will be fine. Just try to relax and think of it as another step towards  ^babycrawl^

Debs

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Kerry,

I feel guilty cos I said how much it hurt the other day,for all I know I could have a blockage and maybe thats why it was so painfull for me,hope you dont have the same problem,but if it helps atleast it doesnt last long  ^Cuddle^

Keep us posted  ;)

Kelly x

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Hey Kerry that is great news dont worry it will be fine. Try not to worry

Love Sal x :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Hi Kerry

Fingers crossed for Tuesday.....I'm sorry if I worried you talking about the pain I experienced when I went through it  - but as I explained I did have a blockage on both sides and that was what was causing my bad cramps.

And if all else fails just keep picturing my 'husbands down'  ;D moment and that may help take your mind off things!

Good luck

S
xx

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I just wanted to wish all the best for your hsg on Tuesday, I hope it is as painless as possible and does the trick and you go on to get a  ^BFP^ soon after.

Take care

Love Tracyxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
kerry

glad you have it booked hun! i can honestly say that i even cancelled my first one i was meant to have due to i guess fear of the unknown, but when i had it done it was uncomfortable but not painful. i dont have blocked tubes so as the girls said that may have been why they experienced cramps etc. my dh wasnt allowed in the room with me but id rather that as he is a major wuss!!  ( cant even have blood test without laying down ^roflmao^
you should get something it take before hand anyway to calm the nerves :)

good luck

suzie xx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Awww Kerry hun  ^hugme^

Just think of it as a next step forward  ^babycrawl^ 

I'm a big wuss when it comes to anything down there. I'm sending you a pm with a tip that I can't put on here.  But take some painkillers in enough advance that they kick in in time.  my dh came in with me and held my hand.  I had a little pain I won't lie, but its short and soon passes.  The actual putting in of the tube was absolutely fine, it was just the dye as it reaches the womb.  The lady said to me that people who haven't been pregnant feel it a bit more as their womb isn't stretched.  Its over quickly and just think afterwards that you know for sure that you have clear tubes. 

Us women are a brave bunch  ^bow^ and we can cope with a little discomfort and I know you will be just fine.  ^reiki^  ^afro^  ^daisy^  ^Heart^

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi There,

Kerry- good luck girl! it probably wont be as bad as you think..i was soooo nervous -the worst bit for me was having to keep my knees so wide apart for so long!![sorry tmi].I dont know if it is the same for all hospitals but i saw the results of mine on the screen just after which was very reassuring -hope its the same for you
Good luck
Vickilouxxx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Best of luck Kerry, I'll be thinking of you hun. When I had mine done it did hurt afterwards, BUT because I had'nt had a period for over 2 years I had'nt suffered period pains for a while, to me it was just like having a bad period.But I'm sure having the HSG helped me to concieve, bacause 2 weeks after that (roughly) I fell pregnant!!! The nurse who did the HSG said that its quite common for women to fall pregnant after one of these ( dont want to get your hopes up though) . Just keep looking to the future hun, you're moving in the right direction !!!!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Kerry,

I can tell you you will get a few seconds worth of slight cramps and thats it.  Take 2 painkillers an hour before the HSG.

You will be fine - try not to think too much about it - just like how a smear can hurt if you tense your muscles .... so make sure you take deep breaths and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

Good luck

Tweets xx

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks girls, your all wonderful and I'm so glad I have you around me. I'm sure it will be fine. I have cramps today - mid AF - so just thinking it won't be as bad as this!

Thank you for all your kind words, love you all

xxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Kerry

Just wanted to wish you luck with your HSG...I had one many years ago so I can only vaguely remember it...a few cramps & sticky dye afterwards but that's about it really...

Fingers crossed you get the "all clear" ^afro^

Take care ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kerry- I had HSG done 2 weeks ago and it was fine. It did cramp a little, like period pains but my GP told me to take painkillers and hour before I went for the appointment so they would have kicked in. When they inject the dye it cramps a little more but nothing that you wont be able to deal with. Take the rest of the day easy though.

I also bled a little after mine which was a bit of a shock for me cos I wasnt expecting it.

Good luck mate- another step closer to that elusive little angel..

xx

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Humph. I'm sure it will be fine. A little nervous, but like you say it'll hopefully bring us closer to getting PG.

Lots of love
xxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.