Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Im due to go for a hsg at 10-15am tomorow, and im really worried its going to hurt ive heard loads of stories that people found it really painful, ive had a lap before which wasnt nice at all, and ive had a colcoscopy which was quite painful, and im just freaking out  ::) Im also worried that my tubes will be blocked, im trying to relax but its not working  ???

Please someone reasure me its not that bad  :-\ Im going Crazy  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
It honestly isnt that bad at all, just period cramps that make you want to curl up a bit, it honestly is fine!

Good luck

Love Lou xxxxx

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had my HSG about two years ago and I didn't even feel anything (and one of my tubes was blocked).

Please try and relax - I think the worst bit is the pressure we put on ourselves before we go ^idiot^

I hate going for hospital appointments but try to think of it as a means to a very lovely end :)

Becky

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had one a few weeks ago. I was also a bit freaked out - I read too much first! I took a few painkillers beforehand. Everyone was lovely and it was fine (exactly as the nurse had described; just a few cramps). Hope it all goes well tomorrow. From what I read, those people who did find it painful did not all have blocked tubes. So don't panic if it does hurt!

Thinking of you,
Kat

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All thanx for replying,

Well it wasnt too bad, just a few cramps when they injected the dye, i felt fine after and went down town with dh but i was in more pain when i got home, i feel a bit bruised now, but its bearable and no where near as bad as i thought it would be.

And the good news is my tubes were clear!!  :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Nice one Babycakes.

I had an HSG 4 weeks ago and was terrified, but I had a lovely doctor and although it did hurt, it was over very quickly.
Make sure your DH spoils you rotten tonight!

xx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hiya,

I had mine in November last year and I was worried too.  There was honestly nothing to worry about- it was like a really bad period pain for about 5 seconds and then it just ached a little bit.  Good luck for tomorrow and don't worry - it'll be fine!

Chrisxxxxxxx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi i had mine last year, i was in a bit of pain, but I am wimp  :'( would say its like a period pain cramps and aching, the nurses who do it were really nice and i think for once they sympathise with you.

Good luck with your treatment.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi Babycakes,

I'm glad you wrote this post, I have an HSG next Wed and I am worried its going to hurt. I'm a right wimp too  :'(  :-[  I think I will definatley take some PK's beforehand. I only have one tube, so hopefully it will only hurt half as much!?

Glad yours are fine. I am due to start Clomid in Dec if not concieved by then too.

Best Wishes.  Jo x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Jo hunny...
Fancy seeing you here ?!
I'm sure all will be fine with your HSG  :)  I know it was a loooong time ago that I had mine but it really isn't any more uncomfortable than having a TVS...but good idea taking some PK's just on the off chance - and beware that blue dye !  ;D
Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ & plenty of  ^hugme^
Take care
Natasha x

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jo

Good Luck for wednesday, i hope everything goes well for you, i never took any p/k's before hand, i took some a couple of hrs after but i was in more pain cos id been walking round the town and should have probably gone straight home and rested up a bit, but its not that bad and it only lasts about 5 mins.

lesley x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.