Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am due to book my hsg and am very nervous has anyone had one?

also can you tell me why an hsg is required to be done within 7 days from the start of the cycle?

Thanking you in advance,

amy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Amy

I have one, wasn't very pleasant for me, but different people have different experiences - only lasts a matter of minutes so try not to worry.

They ask you to leave it 7 days into your cycle, because if there is any "residue" inside you, it can cause damage when the dye is pushed in, so its just to make sure your insides are clear, no other reason.

Hope this helps, and its not that bad and at least it will put your mind at rest with the results!!  Good luck, hope it goes ok

Love
Marie
xxxxxx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marie, thanks for the reply, what do you mean by residue left inside?

thanks, amy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Amy - They like to do the HSG after your AF has finished as it can be quite painful if you are still bleeding. Had mine done on day 10 of cycle (special circumstances) and it did not hurt, Just a bit uncomfortable. Make sure you have someone to take you home afterwards as you're not supposed to drive.

Hope all goes well.

Debbie.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Amy

As far as I understand they do the HSG at 7 days because at this point they know you'll definately not be pregnant.  Xrays are very bad for the foetus, especially in the early stages.

I had one and it didn't hurt at all - was really straightforward. They just pumped the dye in, looked at it on the screen and that was it.

Good luck with yours

Elly

·
Registered
2 Posts
the reason is definitely the pregnancy issue.  You are not likely to be pregnant at that stage . :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts