Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just had my immunes results back after taking a dose of humira, and I was wondering if I could ask for some advice.  Last year when I took it, my levels came right down (to 12) after one dose, but this year my cytokines just aren't playing ball.  They went up earlier in the year, twice, and have been in the mid 40s and higher all year.  We've had two failed treatments, one FET and one fresh. 

Has anyone started treatment with levels around 35 and been successful?  Do we risk another dose of humira and potentially rising levels, again?  Or risk treatment with levels above the elusive 30.....

Any help/advice/words of wisdom much appreciated!

Loobs xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Loobs

My cytokines started off at 50.2 & after 2x humira injections they decreased to 31.7. Normally they want your cytokines to be 30 or below but Mr T was happy with my results & I started treatment.
This treatment resulted in my first ever positive pregnancy with twins - unfortunately I recently lost one of my twins at 18+5 but this has nothing to do with cytokines.

Best of luck :)

Dx

·
Registered
959 Posts
loobs i just had a thought. For those people who cant take humira( when the TB test is +) they can only be treated with IVIG + steriods. Did you have IVIG last time as well as humira?
would it be possible to have a double dose of IVIG? just a thought xx

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi NJO, yes, i've had the whole kit bag!  last year i had 3 x ivig (1st on ET) and dex and pred and it seemed to work - but our starting cytokines were 12 (reduced from 59 after one dose).  They've been above 43 all year and we're trying to work out how borderline we are at 35 - we don't want to risk another round of tx if Mr T thinks they're still too high.  we'll see what he says.

And Delysia, i'm so sorry to hear you've lost one of your twins.  We were briefly on the same thread when you got your BFP - i was the bfn in the week of bfps!!  Fingers crossed all continues safely with number one!  ^reiki^

Loobs xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks Loobs

best of luck for your next cycle, got everything crossed for you.

Dx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts