Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

341 - 360 of 1010 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Betty yeah the resveratrol is expensive alright, I find all those supplements are, including the ones I have DH on.  Yes, am drinking ginger tea, have been since last year when my acupuncturist recommended it, I quite like it now and good to know it could help the cytokines level.  Are you worried about the race cos they say not to exercise while taking humira, in that it can be detrimental to yoru levels? Yeah, i can see why you'd be worried, although they do say a walk a day helps?  Hopefully the once off race won't do any harm - and well done you for doing it x

Re the red mark, i've read that can be a side affect, I agree with Amily i don't think it's anything to be worried about.

Amily hope the humira went ok x

Springflower sorry your levels went up a bit after the second two injections, it's so frustrating but hope Lanta's post gave you some comfort, I'm certainly taking a lot from taht, thanks for posting Lanta x

Had my chicagos retest today girls, a week to wait till the results, am bricking it.

Lx

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Not exercise?!! Yikes! I teach exercise practically every day! Dr G didn't mention  ^scared^  this to me...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Amily, yeah, I've read aerobic exercise is not good for cytokines, tends to raise them?  I remember it as I'm very lazy and for once it's something that suits!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hi Lilirose
Oh great... Well, can't help that! It's my job.

Night all!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
This is news to me about NO exercise  :eek: not that i did any while using Humira.
I'm sure little exercise would be fine & we all have to get from A-B but the run may be a bit heavy on the system? could you not check with a Dr.

Electra x

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hi Girls
Mind if I join ye. I took my first ever Humira shot on Tuesday night. I'm hoping that two injections will do the trick and I will be able to cycle at the end of July.

My Chicago Results were
TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 32.3
IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 16.1

So thankfully not too high but I'm worried about a possible flare. From posts I've been reading it seems like a lot of peoples levels go up rather than down. Is that the case?

Since taking it my legs seem stiff and today I'm sneezing and feeling like i could have a head cold coming on (probably in my imagination). Don't know if these are good signs or not.

Can I check with you knowlegeable ladies about the supplements I'm currently taking:

I'm taking NHP Fish Oil Capsules, Vitamin D drops, NHP Vitamin C 1000mg, Biocare Mineral Complex, Solgar Reservatrol and Solgar Cherry Tumeric Complex.
I'm also trying since just this week to cut out wheat.

Can anyone tell me if any of the supplements I'm taking would be bad for TNFa levels?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey Expectation  :)

welcome to the thread hon x

Yeah,  people have flares quite regularly, it's literally a question of taking it and seeing how it goes.  It can be very hit and miss really.  Re your supplements I know agate posted this a few pages back re the cherry turmeric:

"solgar cherry tumeric seems to be a whole mix of different herbs including tumeric - unless you are going to research all the different consitutents for safety in pg etc, you might want to stick to plain tumeric/curcumin e.g., lamberts brand.  Tumeric is the unrefined spice that you find in your spice rack - curcumin is the active ingredient extracted from the spice."

So maybe get the normal stuff, that's waht I got (from Health Matters in grafton st)

Also you need to try and cut out gluten if you can, not just wheat it's the gluten that is the worst.

Lx

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hello girls!

LiliRose
Aerobic exercise not good for cytokine! I read that too. Laughing at ur comment re: being lazy and for once it's something that suits ;D ;D  Im still running but have drastically cut down as Ive lost nearly 2 stone in 8 weeks  :) .  Im now back to 9 1/2 and only running 5 mins then stomach exercises 3 times a week.  Im so relieved I will not be running anymore,just walk. Expectation Welcome. U vits sounds good tome! Onlything I wud change is he cherry resvetrol and get the stronger tumeric only.  Dont be scared about flares hun. Ive had a reaction on injection site but no pain anywhere so far, fingers crossed.Im still to take 2nd shot tomorrow morning  :eek:

Butterflies forever, u are right a little exercise is ok and  I will however walk for Race for life on sunday.
Amily how did the Humira go my lovely?

Hello Lanta and Springlower xxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Expectation, as girls say is pretty common to have a flare (most likely it will be my case too as I'm waiting for the results at the moment) but you have almost the same success rate as when bring the levels down if you add IVIG to the treatment (which means more money). In my case, the killer cells can be brought down with both intralipids and IVIG and after find out how I reacted to Humira will know which one is better to use.
Some clinics use as treatment for high TH1:TH2 steroids and intralipids.
My right leg is stify and only started to be after the second shoot but after the first one I thought I will come down with a cold. Maybe is just our body reacting to it.
I'm very nervous now waiting for the results.
Girls, do you remember how long it takes to get them back?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi ladies,

Sorry to crash your thread, especially with such a stupid basic question, but it's been a few years since I last took humira and I've just realised that I completely forgot to ask Dr G how far apart to take the two jabs.  I seem to think that it's 4 weeks apart, but could you please confirm?

Also when is the best time to take humira before tx?  I have my humira now but will not be cycling until Sept/Oct time.  My TNF-A is only slightly high at 31.7 and last time it came down from 51 to 25 after 2 injections, so I'm hopeful that I won't need a second set.

Thanks for your help.

waikiki

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Humira was fine, thanks bettyboop. No problems.
This exercise thing is all a bit depressing as it's my job and I can't stop working. Nor do I want to frankly.

Greeney: it took 5 days for the results to reach me last time. Good luck!
Waikiki - it should be 2 weeks apart. LIT is 4 weeks apart, and humira's 2.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks Amily. Not too long now. Maybe I'll get them Monday.
About exercising, maybe you should consider always taking supplements to bring the cytokines down as well as adapting the diet, but maybe you already are doing all this things.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome girls  :)

Lilrose
I'll get the 'normal' turmeric instead of the cherry one. Thanks for that. Also will look at cutting out gluten rather than just wheat. Since cutting out wheat just a week ago my tummy is not bloated like it used to be which is an added bonus. I did a food shop last night and stocked up on wheat and gluten free pasta and crackers etc ..Tesco do a good 'Free From' range. I even got gluten free fish fingers!

Greeney
I have high killer cells also (25%) and I've been told I will have to take IVIG during my next cycle (intralipids won't work) so even if I do get a flare I should be ok?
The cold I thought I was getting didn't materialise. Good luck with your results.

Hi to everyone else.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi girls

Amily the exercise thing is just one of the things you can do to  help the cytokines, it's your job so you can't/rightly don't want to stop it - your levels aren't that high anyway, so I'm sure it won't make much difference.

Waikiki that's a great dip from your high of 51 to 25, mine were at 64 when last tested so am hoping i can drop by a good amount too...

Greeney good luck with your results, when did you get retested??  I was in sims on Tuesday getting the half panel done, results shoudl be back next week. am seriously nervous about it...

Expectation, yeah the more you look the more gluten & wheat free options you can find - also got those fish fingers, M&S do a pretty good range too, had gluten & wheat free breadcrumbed chicken from there the other day was really nice.  Tesco & Dunnes do good ranges too.  The pasta tastes the smae to me you just have to cook it longer. Roma do a gluten free pasta too, got some yesterday.  Also bought some cereal yesterday from teh Juvela range (found it in Dunnes in Georges St) tastes just like Special K  :)  Ryvita is grand too, I have that with hummus as a snack.  Have cut out potatoes as well, sweet potato is good though.  And broccoli & red peppers, oily fish, no red meat. 

My acupuncturist has said I am a lot less swollen around my ankles and my middle, which is nice to hear  :)

Lx

·
Registered
378 Posts
Amily - phew, it's just as well I checked isn't it!  Now that you mention it I remember the LIT being 4 weeks apart.  Luckily I don't need that this time as even though it's nearly 2 years since I had it, my levels still seem to be good.

Lilirose - keeping my fingers crossed that you get a good dip of the TNF-A.

So what do you all think about the timing of the humira for a Sept/Oct cycle?

^hugme^ waikiki

·
Registered
720 Posts
Waikiki I think Humira's supposed to keep working for 5-6 months, so I'd say you could start it whenever.  Also am sure you won't, but if you do end up having to do two rounds of it, that's a couple of months plus, so personally I'd start with it now.

Thanks for the FX  :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lilirose, I got the test done on Tuesday as well. I hope I'll have them on Monday if only takes 5 days. Hope your levels come down pretty nice.
Expectation, IVIG and Humira flare gives good success rate as well. If you look a little back on the immune treat one of the girls posted a link about it and Alan Beer is mentioning in his book as well.
Waikiki, I think that sometimes dr G says to wait up to 3 months after Humira to get a better egg quality but I know a girl that didn't and got pregnant. It is really up to you to decide and have to consider other treatments timing as well. Also, Dr. G told me to have 2 shoots 2 weeks apart and then retest after 10 days. Other clinics like you to wait longer (like 3 weeks) before retesting and you need your time for planning everything. Maybe you should ask Agate as well to see what is she advising.
I personally want to cycle again as soon as possible after having Humira but I'm having FET so won't interfere with any egg quality.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Right, I think I'll take the first humira shot this weekend then, just in case I need to squeeze two sets in before my next tx.  I'm having DE so don't have to worry about egg quality any more.

Thanks girls.

^hugme^ waikiki

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks greeney. Yes, am taking lots of supplements etc!
Thanks lilirose!
Yes, waikiki - go for it!

Hope you're all well, ladies...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Greeney did you get your retest done in sims?

341 - 360 of 1010 Posts