Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I've had my second BFN

I have had Level 1 and Level 2 tests done at CARE in Notts, they showed that my

50:1 was raised at 16.6. range was less than 15
CD3 raised at 89.5
CD19+ cells CD5+ low at 2.8, range btw 5 to 10.

On my protocol I had asprin, Clexane,Predisolone was this enough?

Please excuse my ignorance but what is Humira, LIT and IVIG, as I had heard they are used in immune issues, and do you think I need them?

H X

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
hickson

sorry about your bfn  ^hugme^

i had a bfn on my first immune cycle and was on the same drugs are you, when we saw G for our review he suggested i had ivig on my next cycle (which i did, however didn't make it to transfer ^eyes^ ) have you booked a review with G? he will be able to discuss possibly having ivig next time?

ivig stands for intervenous immuniglobulin (sp?) and is a blood product which is transfered before et to 'confuse' your own immune system so it doesn't attack the embryos, giving them a fightiing chance to implant. hope that makes sense  ^idiot^

LIT an Humira are the steps after ivig (i think) maybe other will be able to tell you more ^idiot^

im just about to start cycle no 6 (5th fresh) im not having ivig before transfer this time, just increased steriods then will have ivig as soon as i get my bfp  ;)

hope you are doing 'ok' honey and let us know how you get on

love
Suze xx

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Hickson and Suze, very sorry to hear of your BFNs  :'( Here's  ^pray^ your next cycles are BFPs x

Anyway just for your information I've just done my first Humira injection.  Humira is normally prescriped when you have a high TNF count and IVIg when high NK Cells.  Sometimes you still have IVIg after taking Humira as you are regularly retested to check that your levels haven't risen.  High TNF levels can envoke high NK cells. 

When you say you were on Immune cycle do you mean you were tested for all of these things, TNFs and NK Cells?  I assume then they all came back normal? 

Shellosh x 

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Suze - Yes I have my review with G on tuesday 24th june at Notts. I so confused with all this now! I have read your ticker, and noticed that you are having DIVF...is it sperm donor?

So sorry to hear that you have zero fertilisation. Did you have ICSI?..

Did you have the level 1 and level 2 tests with George?

Shellosh - what is high TNF count..is it TH1 ?

Good luck with your cycles ladies. ^hugme^

H x

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
hello Hickson

TH1: TH2 Cytokines Assay test shows whether your TNF levels (Tumour Necrosis Factor) is higher than the normal range.  If they are above you may be advised to take Humira, and IVIG ...  Steroids can also help.

YOu have asked about Fish Oils ... the ones that I took (and I must re-start them again) were Eskimo 3.  YOu can buy them on the internet on your nutrition shop.

Tweets x

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hi girls
ive just had my Th1 levels tested (46%), and Th2 (26%)..my doc says they are high and has recommended Humira, amongst other things
Does anyone know what the Normal levels for Th1 and 2 are|?
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy it if I try to buy it myself?
Does anyone know how often it is administered etc?
So many questions! Nikki

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi All,

(Hi Nikkis - looks like we are following the same throught process!)

Would love to know where I can get the Th1 and Th2 results done? I had asprin, Clexane and Predisolone but with no success. Does Care in Notts do these?
Any info on the price of Humira would be gratefully received.

Sam
x

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Ladies

I have recently had my second injection of Humira. I bought two from Tesco's and they cost around £840 for the two...I did ring a few other places but were around the same price. The protocol for taking Humira tends to be two injections over a month so basically 1 every two weeks then you get your levels retested. We are with the Alan Beer centre directly but I believe Care offer these tests.

The TNF levels need to be below 30 as I understand it.

x

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hi
did you have to have a presc to buy from Tesco?
Fancy that, with your weekly shop!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes you need a prescription. Yes I got lots of points!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts