Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have recently aken Humira (4 injections) and am still weaning myself off of prednisolone (now on 10mg) and have done 2 lots of ILs and did some IVIG too.

My question is...  A family member has Chcken Pox (I have had it as a child myself), and i am wondering, if you can catch it again?  Or can I catch Shingles from someone that has Chicken Pox???

I have read in the leaflets that if you do get these things they can be severe on these medications...

Not sure whether to keep my distance or not.

Would really love to hear from anyone that may know...

Thanks xx

·
Premium Member
15,891 Posts
most people develop immunity after they've had chickenpox (sometimes you also develop immunity without ever knowing that you had it) - but the only way to be sure is to have a blood test for varicella zoster antibodies - that way you will know for sure whether you are safe or need to avoid them - if you explain you are TTC and have chickenpox going round in your family, your GP will hopefully give you a test for it.  if you haven't had your rubella immunity tested at the same time, I would definitely ask for that too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Agate

Thanks.  I think I will keep my distance for now.  I wonder how long a person is contageous from having the spots... I might google it. 

I think it is a test worth doing.  I did do some googling and have seen that some people get it more than once  :eek:  so having been on the the immune suppression meds, I shall just keep away in case.

Thanks Agate - you are a star! xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts